The multi-band pitch shifter PRISM takes a fresh approach to solve the problem of shifting the pitch of complex sound sources in realtime. Traditional frequency shifting shifts all frequencies in an input up by the same amount and thereby alters their harmonic relation and tends to produce inharmonic results. But it's perfect in dealing with transients.
Pitch shifting on the other side sounds "right", but the transients go mad and the sound gets metallic and grainy especially on high down shiftings.
PRISM splits the spectrum in 27 bands and applies a different amount of frequency shifting to each band emulating a harmonic pitch shifting. This gives you perfect pitch shifting for all kind of drum sounds over a vast shifting range of +/- five octaves without disturbing the transients or introducing metallic distortions. With harmonic sounds you will get inharmonicities but it's much better behaved than pure frequency shifting. The extreme range of shifting gives you access to a vast field of unknown sonic territory.
- 27 band realtime frequency shifter.
- 27 band equalizer
- Linear phase precision filters for maximal transparency
- +/- 5 octaves frequency shift per band
- Envelope follower controlled pitch modulation.
- LFO controlled pitch modulation.
- Surround operation *
- Minimized latency ( 12 ms )
New in v1.5
- VST3 / VST2.4: 64-bit version for Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- Optional 27 Band Ring-modulator.
- Individual LFO Pan Modulation for each Band.
- Increased attenuation range for each Band.
New in v1.1
- New Features: Automation of band parameters (not with RTAS).
- Bug fixes: Cubase 5 compatibility.
- Bug fixes: Default values missing.