Psycle is a music creation program that offers an easy way to create your own music, fast, and with high quality.
Psycle uses a classical tracker interface (a text grid of notes which are sequenced one after the other), coupled with modularity (plugins) that allow to extend the sounds that you get from it.
It supports three ways to get sound: its own native format, the VST Plugin standard, and recorded .wav samples using the sampler machine.
Notes are entered in patterns, where you can also use commands (plugin specific, or global), as well as automating parameters via the mcm and twk commands. These patterns are then organized in a linear sequence, which becomes the song order.
- A 64 Tracks Pattern Editor, with up to 1024 lines.
- 256 sequence positions.
- Audio Routing (machine) view to interconnect the virtual machines in order to apply different effects.
- Internal Stereo Sampler unit which supports .wav and .iff files of any sampling rate, 8/16 and 24bits, mono or stereo.
- 70+ Native Plugins (generators & effects), most of them open-source and with an easy to use API to create new ones.
- Support for VST1 and VST2 plugin standard.
- Imports .xm, .s3m, .it, .mod.
- Exporting to wav, as well as recording realtime to .wav.
- Configurable Keyboard Layout.
- MIDI-In Support (control Psycle using a MIDI keyboard, or even a software sequencer).
- Themes and skins support and much more.
New in v1.10.1
- Multi-io VST support
- New version of the winamp plugin
- New example song from angelus
New in v1.8.8
Major features of this new release is a complete WASAPI audio driver for Vista and 7, support for 24 and 32bits for MME waveout and Directsound, and an improved MIDI input (for both, the keyboard and sequenced modes).
New in v22.214.171.124
- Fixed psy loader (songs made with the previous version were showing an error on loading).
- Fixed native plugins not showing the description of their parameters in the parameters window.
- New implementation of the power spectrum in the wire dialog. (Nicer, more precise).
- Fixes for VST openFileSElector: wrong filter and problems with the return value.
- Prevent application crash if VST crashes on saving.
- Fixes on loading native plugins with new (psy-core) name format.
- Fixes on loading psy files of newer versions of psycle with minor changes.
- Export to .XM (Only exports the pattern and samples. It is not a "render as .XM" option).
- More note keys to configure ( 4 full octaves now).
- Export to .wav using float precision.
- Allow command mute to generators.
- XMSampler improvements: correct panning, UI fixes, source code changes. (Around 60% complete now).
- Fixes on .XM import for pattern loop and global volume.
- Fix undo when the sequence is full.
- Fix for sort when the sequence is full.
- Other smaller fixes and changes (universalis, and things related to native plugins).
- Lock sample to a machine (Allows to set a sample to play always from the same machine).
- Export to wave directory configuration.
- Fixes to Mixer machine (Works with VST, can get rewired now).
- Smaller fixes to VSThost.
- Fix a selection problem with ASIO driver.