The Wavelore Pedal Steel Guitar is a pedal steel library that is fully playable in realtime. Instead of relying on pre-recorded licks and loops, the Wavelore Pedal Steel Guitar uses single-note samples fused with GVI's powerful filters and modelling tools to put all ten bendable strings of E9th tuning right under your fingers. Programmed with 8-way round-robin samples per note (Lite Edition contains 2), the full version of the Wavelore pedal steel is rounded out with a number of GigaPulse amp models, full neck position control, open (natural) harmonics, and "chordal mode", for long slides ala The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show (fast) or Pink Floyd's "Breathe"(slow).
The Wavelore Pedal Steel Guitar is available in two versions:
- The Full Edition comes with 8-way round-robin samples for every note recorded, including the same number for each of the two included release sample variations (that's 24 samples per note), as well as 18 amp simulation presets, created from three different amplifiers, and open (natural) harmonics at the 5th, 7th, and 12th frets above every string in 4-way round-robin. Its total size on disk is 2.7 Gigabytes.
- The Lite Edition includes 2-way round-robin, 6 amp sim presets, and no harmonics. Its total size is about 700 Megabytes.
Both instruments are highly playable, containing the same innovative programming techniques to allow full realtime control over expressive factors like dynamics, neck position, chord voicing, bend direction/speed, bend type, and vibrato.
- 10 strings of E9th tuned Pedal Steel Guitar.
- 1.3 GB of samples, based on over 4 GB of source material.
- Runs on Windows XP as VSTi plugin or Standalone mode using your ASIO drivers
- Includes 8-way round-robin samples per note; no false sounding repetitions of notes or phrases.
- No loops; Samples decay fully and naturally. No truncation or extraneous noise.
- 2 types of optional release samples.
- Natural Harmonics at the 12th, 7th, and 5th frets, using 4-way round-robin.
- DEF and PRF filters offer expressive realtime dynamics and polyphonic string bends/slides on a single MIDI channel.
- Full control over neck position/chord voicing.
- Gigapulse amp modelling; flexible amp/mic and room simulation for a wide range of tonal colors.
- Samples recorded direct. Use the included Gigapulse amp models or your favorite amp-sim plugins.
Key features of the GVI engine include:
- An easy to use, intuitive interface.
- 16 MIDI Channels.
- Pristine audio quality up to: 24-bit / 96 kHz.
- GigaPulse embedded file playback support.
- Stack instruments on a single MIDI channel for layered sound or multi-instruments.
- Multimode resonant filters and extensive MIDI modulations.
- iMIDI rules like Legato, Alternation, and Round-Robin give life to sampled instruments.
- Dynamic Expression Filter adds control over a sampled instruments intensity creating Expressive performances in real time.
New in v1.1
- Adds the free Wavelore Brush Kit instruments to the WLPS / WLPSLE soundset.
Build Your Own Lapsteel Guitar