Featured in Hitsquad's Top Apps for Music Production on iPad
Polychord is drums, bass, chords, and accompaniment all in one App.
Simply press one of the chord circles and your on you're way to writing a song even without much training with chord relationships and polychords. Drums and bass follow the chords automatically, but the coolest part is probably the strum keys on the right: simply swipe your finger over the yellow keys (or chrome keys in version 2) to strum a chord.
Turn on MIDI for any of the instruments in polychord, and use it as a powerful controller for your favorite audio programs.
See Polychord in action:
New in v2.69
- Bug fixed with hanging MIDI notes
New in v2.68
- Playing chords with other virtual MIDI apps has improved
- Uses less CPU (more efficient, better performance)
- Uses less battery
- "Touch Pressure" now OFF by default (turn on in chord / strum settings)
- True 'polychords' now possible through MIDI (play many chords on top of each other.)
New in v2.67
- Volume Boost has made everything louder.
- Sound Engine Off MIDI mode is 20% more efficient.
New in v2.65
- Added dynamics control by pressing softer or harder on the chords and keys which can be toggled on or off by the 'Touch Pressure' switch
- Added "Pressure Gain", a control that allows users to adjust the polychord app's touch sensitivity.
New in v2.05
- This is a bug fix release to correct a number of minor problems.
New in v2.0
- record and share songs with SoundCloud
- sleek new UI made in collaboration with Jonas Eriksson
- palettes, so you can save your settings
- palette f-keys, for fast switching between palettes
- Sine, Sawtooth, Triangle and Square Waves for each instrument. (We used an 'analogue simulation' technique for generating the synthesizer waves, which warms them up a bit.)
- Bitshift features for drums: full control over the reduction of bits / bitrate, allowing you to completely decimate the sound or just add a touch of noise.
- Basic low-pass filtering, resonance for each instrument
- Tremolo Depth controls
- Scale mode for the strum keys: rather than the strum keys playing the notes of the current chord, you can set them to numerous other scales.
- Arpeggiator based on time-signatures. Full control over the speed and count of the arpeggiator -- allows you to mix a different time signature over the beat. Arpeggiator now has all of the same synth controls as the other instruments.
- The UI now highlights the last chord you pressed, rather than always highlighting the root-note.
- Octave control for every instrument
- Precise BPM control, with text input
- A global on/off switch for Auto Accompany
- File manager for renaming/deleting/loading palettes, songs, etc
- pitch bending on strum keys (sends out MIDI too)
- skins panel lets you switch back to the classic color scheme