Featured in Hitsquad's recommended list of the best DAW Software
Pro Tools is an advanced audio and music production platform that can handle instrumentation, effects, recording, editing, mixing and even post production.
Any active musician who's starting to get into computer based recording in this age has probably asked the question: "what is Pro Tools"? A simple response would be this: Pro Tools allows users to compose, record, sequence, edit, and mix audio the way the users prefer too. Pro Tools is for producers, artists and engineers that aim for big, clear and quality music productions.
Far from being a regular recording application, Pro Tools allows for larger complicated projects, with maximum of 96 or 192 simultaneous audio tracks for recording voices, instruments and other audio. It has 512 MIDI tracks and 128 instrument tracks, fully compatible with the included 70 virtual instruments, effects and plugins that were included in the package. And it has 160 aux tracks and 256 internal busses for making sophisticated mixes.
Pro Tools is designed to help you with your arrangements and are packaged with a number of virtual instruments that you can use to instantly create your music. You can use the MIDI editor to create your arrangement or alternatively you can use the built-in Sibelius Score Editor for people that prefer using notations.
Additional Pro features such as OMF/AAF/MXF interchange, Automatic Delay Compensation, multitrack Beat Detective, DigiBase Pro, and full Import Session Data dialog are included as standard instead of add-on.
Pro Tools makes working with videos easy by using Time Code Ruler and the variable stereo pan depths and do the mix in surround with the latest 7.1 surround panner.
Pro Tools is designed to work with third-party ASIO-compatible or Core Audio interface, with compatible Avid audio interface, or just by itself - as a standalone program. Users are free to choose which computer, operating system, interface to use.
DAW Control Surface
Changes in v10.3.5
- Optimized waveforms calculation
- Some plugins can now receive keystroke commands
- Fixed potential problems when audio files are processed outside of Pro Tools and re-imported.
- Clips are no longer missing from the timeline after AAF import of a mixed frame rate sequence.
- Multiple automation breakpoints in the same location are now cleaned up when using the Import Session Data command.
- Unwanted automation ramps are no longer created after trimming a clip in Shuffle mode.
- Extra breakpoints are no longer created when there is no other automation on a track
- Various Bugfixes and enhancements
Changes in v10.3.3
- Hypercontrol support for M-Audio Axiom Air Controller
- Various Bugfixes and enhancements, read more at Avid
Changes in v10.3.1
- Fixes and update information are available from Avid
Changes in v10.3
- Bugfix and Compatibility update - Get complete details from Avid
Changes in v10.2
- Bugfix update
Changes in v10.1.2
- Bugfix update
Changes in v10.1.1
- Pro Tools HD 10.1.1 update for Mac OS X
- Bugfixes for lost audio output in certain conditions
- Bugfix for distortion on QuickPunch recordings
- Adjusted Automation by Delay compensation
- Snap to Grid with Slip mode now functions correctly.
- Correct scale for sample-level waveform editing via the Pencil tool
- Other bugfix information is available at Avid.
New in v10.0.1
- A number of bugfix and adjustments
- Detailed information is available at Avid.
New in v10
- Clip Gain makes mixing and editing quicker, you can easily monitor and adjust gain levels of specific areas of your tracks
- More headroom is avialable via the 32-bit floating point format, you can now record and master sounds with higher resolution
- Low-latency recording is afforded via direct monitoring when using third party audio interface
- No more need to convert audio files because Pro Tools 10 supports multiple audio formats in one session which includes interleave
- Enhanced disk handler will give you better responsiveness when dealing with slower hard drives
- With the new Avid Channel Strip plug-in, you can get the sound of System 5 console EQ and dynamics
- SoundCloud and iTunes integration for quick sharing
- More 500 new Pro Tools commands via the EUCON controllers
- Extended the timeline to 24-hours, for your long-format projects
- Real-time fades offer better responsiveness and are quicker to load
- AudioSuite rendered clips are supported with handles, reverse processing and more
Here is a video that showcases some of the new features of Pro Tools v10:
For further information visit: http://www.avid.com/US/products/Pro-Tools-Software
Pro Tools 10 Online Tutorials by macProVideo.com