Pro-C is a compressor plug-in offering high-quality sound, flexible routing and side-chain options, and various program dependent compression styles with an innovative user interface and animated level display making compression easy to grasp for everyone.
Suitable for a wide range of compression purposes, Pro-C offers three compressor styles: Clean, Classic and Opto. Each style uses different custom algorithms, knee curves and compressor topologies (feedback or feed-forward), all carefully selected and fine-tuned after thorough research and development. All styles use 64-bit internal processing and guarantee zero latency throughput.
Pro-C is capable of very fast attack times and both the attack and release times are highly program dependent. Each compressor style features different forms and levels of program dependency.
Apart from its sound and character, Pro-C also offers very flexible routing options. You can choose between left/right or mid/side processing with completely customizable channel linking and routing. External side chain input is available and the detection signal can be filtered with steep 48 dB/octave low-pass and high-pass filters. Both stereo and mono versions of the plug-in are available.
Pro-C has an innovative, easy-to-use, interface. The animated level display, the active transfer curve display and the accurate input, output and gain change meters all work together to give you great insight in when, why and how compression is applied to the audio signal.
By default, the plug-in starts in non-Expert mode, which only offers the most essential compression functions. In Expert mode, the animated level display slides underneath the transfer curve display to reveal all advanced side chain options.
Like all FabFilter plug-ins, FabFilter Pro-C also offers large, fine-tuned knobs that offer quick and precise control in both vertical and circular drag modes, interactive MIDI Learn, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, AltiVec and SSE optimization and much more.
- Three different compressor styles.
- Program dependent attack and release curves.
- Very fast attack times.
- Soft- and hard-knee option.
- Zero latency, click-free 64-bit internal processing.
- Auto Gain option.
- Auto Release option.
- Large input, output, and gain change meters with different scale settings.
- Animated compression level display with customizable curves.
- Active transfer function display.
- External side chain.
- 48 dB/oct HP and LP side chain filtering.
- Mid/Side processing.
- Flexible channel linking and routing.
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available.
- MIDI Learn.
- Smart Parameter Interpolation.
- Sample-accurate automation of all parameters.
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints.
Changes in v1.21
- Various minor improvements and bugfixes
- In FabFilter Pro-Q, Bugfix forAuto-Adjust Display Range feature
- Workaround for Maschine by NI bug for VST 2 plug-ins
New in v1.20
- Now support features in VST 3.5
- Now with GPU-powered graphics acceleration based on FabFilter Pro-DS
- Added mouse wheel support to buttons with pop-up menus
- Now lets you open Other Preset option to the presets menu
- Support for Steinberg's CMC-AI
- Bugfix for compatibility issues with Adobe Premiere.
- Bugfix for bug where the mono AudioSuite plug-ins cause the Whole File option at the bottom to be disabled.
- Various other bugfixes
New in v1.17
- AAX plug-in support
- Improved keyboard handling on Windows
- Improved Sidechaining
- Fixing the "space key stealing" problem in Studio One and FL Studio
- Improved mouse handling behavior in Pro Tools
- Added more support for Pro Tools hardware control interfaces