The Pro-Q Precision EQ combines a clean and accurate sound and a "never-before-seen" feature set that has none of the sacrifices you normally have to make when choosing an EQ.
With Pro-Q it's easy and intuitive to create and edit up to 24 EQ bands with multiple curves. Pro-Q has a zero latency mode, but – unlike so many other EQs - greater transparency and precision is possible with the option to switch to a linear phase mode with adjustable latency. There's also a built-in, real-time frequency analyzer that gives instant visual feedback of your signal's frequency content – be it pre- or post-EQ.
With total control of the frequency curve and visual feedback relaying instant analysis of the signal processing also comes superb sound quality. Pro-Q's filter algorithms offer precise analog modeling and unlimited internal headroom. There's also a mid/side EQ option for the "ultimate in sparkle and width" for your mixes.
Such a comprehensive feature-set would usually impact on ease of use but Pro-Q's intuitive interface makes precise editing a breeze. The plug-in also incorporates FabFilter's clutter free 'what-you-use-is-what-you-see' feature so only displays the curves that are in use with their associated controls.
Ultimately, then, Pro-Q aims to offer the best of everything: functionality and usability with a feature-set and sound you've always asked for behind an interface that will enhance your creativity and give you precise control over your EQ every time.
- A great sound from state of the art filter algorithms with precise analog modeling and unlimited internal headroom (no clipping).
- Operates either in zero latency mode, or in linear phase mode with adjustable latency.
- Interface that is ideal for easy and precise editing.
- What-you-use-is-what-you-see to minimize screen clutter and maximize usability.
- The ability to create new EQ bands just by dragging the frequency curve.
- Select multiple curves to drag and edit in parallel.
- Up to 24 EQ bands.
- Filter shapes: Bell, High/Low Shelf, High/Low Cut with 6, 12, 24 and 48dB/oct slopes.
- Each band can operate on the stereo signal or on the left or right channels independently for per-channel EQ-ing.
- Mid/side mode to EQ the mid and side signals separately.
- Built-in real-time frequency analyzer with Pre- and Post-EQ modes.
- Ability to double-click for text entry of parameter values.
- Different display ranges: 6dB range for mastering use, 12dB, and 30dB for sound shaping during mixing.
- All the usual FabFilter features you've come to expect: perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, and AltiVec and SSE optimization.
Changes in v1.21
- Various minor improvements and bugfixes
- In FabFilter Pro-Q, Bugfix forAuto-Adjust Display Range feature
- Workaround for Maschine by NI bug for VST 2 plug-ins
Changes in v1.20
- Now lets you adjust frequency, Q and gain knobs as a group
- Now support features in VST 3.5
- Now with GPU-powered graphics acceleration based on FabFilter Pro-DS
- Added mouse wheel support to buttons with pop-up menus
- Now lets you open Other Preset option to the presets menu
- Support for Steinberg's CMC-AI
- Bugfix for compatibility issues with Adobe Premiere.
- Bugfix for bug where the mono AudioSuite plug-ins cause the Whole File option at the bottom to be disabled.
- Various other bugfixes
Changes in v1.13
- AAX plug-in support
- Improved keyboard handling on Windows
- Fixing the "space key stealing" problem in Studio One and FL Studio
- Improved mouse handling behavior in Pro Tools
- Added more support for Pro Tools hardware control interfaces
v1.11 is a bugfix release - in some cases in certain hosts, after bypassing and re-enabling FabFilter Pro-Q via the bypass button provided by the host, the plug-ins could remain in the bypassed state. This problem has now been fixed in the latest versions.