ProTrekkr is a Tracker program with built in software synthesizer.
Its old name is NoiseTrekker by Juan Antonio Arguelles Rius aka Arguru. It is a tracker program with a built software synthesizer together with a traditional samples tracker which can (mainly) be used to create electronic music (like psytrance, trance goa, hard acid, IDM, chip, techno, etc.) for small sized intros, demos or games.
- 16 multi-notes tracks (with 256 virtual channels).
- Samples editor (can load up to 64 bits stereo samples).
- Patterns based tracker style sequencer.
- Synthesizer with custom waveforms support.
- Samples loop editor.
- Two 303s units.
- Cubic spline interpolation.
- Wav files import/export.
- 16 or 32 bits wav rendering.
- Multi effects engine with reverb, distortion, filters, delay, EQs, flanger, etc...
- Fully customizable 10 combs reverb.
- Midi in/out support.
- Protracker .mod files import.
- Samples compressor handling Gsm/Mp3/TrueSpeech/ADPCM/8 Bit (not on Linux or Mac OS X yet).
- Replay routine source code to be included & used inside your own programs (also featuring a replay routine for the PlayStation Portable).
- Winamp/XMPlay plugin available.
New in v2.5.4
- Input was partially disabled when caps lock was turned on
- Fixed 2 issues with interpolate command
- Using right mouse button on "pattern lines" arrows will now increase/decrease value by 8
- Changed the way the number of patterns is calculated when saving a song
- F5 to F9 keys now jumps to 0, 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 of the patterns lines
- Fixed an issue in digibooster import function which was due to a MSVC compiler quirk
New in v2.5.3
- 303 units speeds can now be scaled.
- Added effects 26 & 27 (set reverb cutoff & resonance).
- Some notes were missed in multi-notes channels sometimes.
- Fixed a bug occuring with automatic note offs on the synth.
- Ptk can now import DigiBooster v1.x modules (.digi).
- could hang sometimes when calculating a song length.