New in Record 1.5
Record 1.5 adds a whole new take on sequencing: Blocks, letting you build your song parts like patterns and string them together for super fast arranging.
The new effect device Neptune is a pitch correction tool and amazing voice synthesizer. Neptune turns your less than perfect performances into great ones in no time. Simply play your new harmonies on your MIDI keyboard for instant backing vocals.
Record 1.5 is a free update for owners of Record. For those who own both Reason and Record, version 1.5 is included free of charge with the Reason 5 upgrade.
DAW Controller Roundup
Record combines "effortless recording" and a "stunning software mixer console" with a "limitless rack of audio processing gear that builds itself or can be infinitely customized", according to Propellerhead.
Built for independent minded musicians, Propellerhead Software suggests that Record has "the feel of a million dollar recording studio" with "the streamlined simplicity of a tape deck". For guitar players, the built-in virtual POD from Line 6 brings a wide range of top quality guitar amps and cabinets. Record's software mixer's sound is modeled after the SSL 9000K hardware with flexible routing, full dynamics, EQ, advanced effects handling and complete automation. With its dynamic multicore audio handling, Record uses a computer's processing power to its fullest.
Changes in v1.5.1
- Updated CodeMeter to version 4.20b.
- Removed the MClass Mastering Suite Combinator on the Create menu when the Japanese language was selected in Record.
- Bugfix for the EQ, Filter and Input Gain settings in the main mixer
- Bugfix for There was an audible hiccup (a small pause in the audio) whenever an effect (Wah or Compressor) was switched on or off on a Line 6 Amp device.
- Bugfix for an interpolation issue could cause a very slight loss of high frequency content when processing audio in Neptune.
- Bbugfix for size of Kong devices in the Record rack navigator
- Bbugfix rare cases where users had to authenticate twice when starting Record.
- Bbugfix for Normalize Clip not working on clips with extremely long audio recordings.
- Further details are avialable through the official release notes.