Quad is an open-architecture DVS (Digital Vinyl System) that can be used to play & scratch up to 4 MP3s simultaneously, controlled by 1 to 4 turntables. The turntables can be connected to any soundcard (ASIO driver required on PC); thanks to Quad's internal software Phono preamps it is even possible to connect the turntables to Line Inputs on the soundcard.
- Compatible with any soundcard (Windows: ASIO driver required).
- Software RIAA Phono pre-amplification allows connecting turntables directly to Line Inputs on the soundcard.
- Nearly every parameter is MIDI controllable.
- Totally configurable audio routing.
- Easy MIDI Learn.
- Compatible with nearly all MIDI Controllers on the market (accepts CC & Note On/Off MIDI messages).
- MIDI feedback for endless rotary MIDI controllers or motorized fader MIDI controllers.
- Resizable and completely user-configurable GUI: Channels may be shown/hidden, EQ/Filter/asf. may be shown/hidden.
- 1-4 decks may be used to control 1-4 tracks (MP3s/WAVs).
- Custom Vinyl Tracking algorithm provides a near-analog scratch experience.
- Perfect tempo-synchronization of up to 4 tracks using SYNC.
- Powerful 1-deck support (one single turntable may be used to mix up to 4 tracks).
- Virtual Zero Lock Range makes pitch 0 really 0 and virtually eliminates the "resting point" at pitch 0 on old turntables.
- Recording the mix as .WAV during mixing is possible.
- Keyboard shortcuts allow using Quad without touching the mouse.
- Preview Player for fast pre-listening of tracks on Headphones.
Advanced sound processing:
- Fresh sounding filters (X-Filter, SVF).
- 3-band Equalizers with parametric mids from 100Hz to 10kHz.
- Tempo-matched FX (Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Delay, LFO Filter, ...).
- Tempo-matched Loop Samplers.
- Any audio material (real Vinyl / CDs / Mic / ...) may be routed from the soundcard's inputs into Quad for mixing and FX-processing.
- Crossfader with 3 curves.
- Support for VST plugins (Windows only at the moment).
- Look-ahead limiters on each ASIO output avoid audible audio distortions when signal becomes too hot.
Managing your tunes:
- New, improved browser.
- ID3 Tags are editable.
- Create cases of your favourite tunes and music styles.
New in v2.10
- fixed: while re-scanning on user demand, quad could crash in very rare cases
- fixed: MIDI In would not work correctly if multiple MIDI Inputs were selected
- fixed: (OS X only) Quad would not play files with non-ASCII characters
- changed: no license file needed anymore to unlock Quad
- changed: instead of displaying a window to warn when loading a new song, a message is displayed in the Channel itself
- changed: instead of pressing "L" key, you have to press Enter key to load a song
- changed: instead of pressing SPACE key, you have to press F11 to tap. It works everywhere, also in Search Box.
- changed: instead of pressing "X" key, you have to press F10 to turn FX on/off. It works everywhere, also in Search Box.
- changed: better Level adjustment
- changed: major speed up in Browser's Treeview (OS X)
- changed: Backspace acts now the same as Del key in Browser
- changed: It is not possible to edit the metadata (tags) of songs while they're being played (except for WAV and AIFF).
- added: completely rewritten database and search function. Displays results while you're typing and always searches whole database. The new database can hold metadata for any kind of audio format.
- added: new EQ-type called "Isolator", inspired by some very good DJ mixer brand we won't name :)
- added: AU/VST support in FX section on OS X
- added: SYNC state of each Channel is now stored on exit of Quad and loaded back again when Quad restarts
- added: when SYNC button is off and the put on again, Quad "re-syncs" the Channel's tempo
- added: when a USB-drive/stick is put into the USB-port while running Quad, the Browser will be updated so the drive is listed
- added: in THRU mode, the waveforms and cuepoints disappear
- added: drag'n'drop from audio files into Quad2's Channels is now possible from: Explorer (Windows), Finder & iTunes (Mac)
- added: pressing key U on keyboard in the Browser unmarks loaded files and files put into cases (press U twice for complete unmark)
- added: pressing F1/F2/F3/F4 activates/deactivates Cue2 for Channel 1/2/3/4
- added: in Search Box, using UP/DOWN/ENTER may be used to navigate through the songs without leaving Search Box
- added: knobs are now greyed out when not used (when Filter X-Type is active, or EQ ISO-Type is active)
- added: "Invert Phase" option for inverting Phono input phase for being able to use cartridges Shure M-44 and Stanton 500-II