RX is the prescription software for audio restorations.
It works as a plug-in or as a standalone application, designed to help you with problems that you might encounter when you want to restore or fix audio.
RX as it name implies, is prescribed by iZotope for audio restoration and archiving, it also works well with recording and mastering, broadcasting and podcasting, video production, and even forensics. You can use RX for any audio related application that demands quality audio restoration tools.
Standalone or in Your DAW
RX's standalone application gives you an ideal environment for audio restoration tasks. But for those times when you want the power of RX in your favorite audio sequencer or editor, the RX plug-ins are just what the doctor ordered.
- Hum Removal - Cleans up electrical hum and line noise.
- Declipper - Rebuilds clipped audio from overloaded A/D converters and analog gear.
- Declicker - Eliminates clicks, crackles, pops and digital impulse noises.
- Denoiser - Removes broadband noise with natural sounding results.
- Spectral Repair - Fixes intermittent noises, corrupted intervals and even gaps in audio.
- Advanced Spectrogram - Displays a visual representation of audio with the greatest time and frequency resolution available.
- Interface and Workflow - RX includes many workflow features designed to simplify audio restoration.
Izotope RX 2 video demo:
New in v2.1
- 64-bit application support for Windows
- Spectral Repair plugin improvements
- Added a playhead inside
- Added ‘Play Selection’ option when running RX 2 as a plug-in
- Increased the size of the captured buffer based on sampling rate
- Added AAX support, available as an option during installation
- Improved support for 3rd party plug-ins hosted in the RX Advanced Standalone application
- Improved readability of exported XML History
- BugFix for issues with Pro Tools handles
- Other bug fixes and stability improvements
New in v2.02
- Now Supports ProTools 9.0.5
- Now supports 64bit iLock
New in v2.01
- Added support for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.
- Added VST 3 support.
- Improved compatibility with Ableton Live.
- Fixed accuracy of latency compensation in Declick module.
- Fixed Hum Removal module's learn feature at high sampling rates.
- Added support for RX 1 workflow in main audio display: shift-click-release to adjust the borders of full-bandwidth selections.
- Added support for placing the playhead: ctrl-click on the main audio display at any time to place the playhead.
- Introduced the new iZotope Crash Reporter to help customers automatically submit crash reports to iZotope for rapid diagnosis & bug fixing.
- Greatly improved RX's support for frames in the time ruler, including drop-frame mode.
- Better support for Carbon-based plug-ins under OS X, in RX 2.00 some of these plug-ins would display with a blank UI (RX 2 Advanced only).
- Fixed bug with iZotope authorization where authorizing to a USB flash drive wasn't working properly.
- Better support for Unicode characters in RX's "Save As" dialog.
- Many minor bugfixes and performance enhancements.