Rack Performer is a modular host designed for live performance. It puts special emphasis on interface ergonomy and user interaction.
You can use your guitar, your keyboard, your microphone, or all of them at once, blend in any number of effects or instruments and connect them the way you like and then you are ready to perform!
Rack Performer supports VST plug-ins (effects and instruments) and thanks to its collection of included internal modules you can perform right away.
With Virtual Screens and Multiple monitors support there is no overlapping windows and all interfaces remain accessible at all time.
All MIDI Controllers are supported (keyboards, pedals, knob and fader boxes, etc) and the Quick MIDI Map feature allows you to configure them in a flash.
Pre-listen and cue sounds using Dedicated monitoring channels and Any-point monitoring.
Perform in real-time with ultra-low control latency, and process Multi-channel audio inputs and outputs, using ASIO, DirectSound or MME drivers.
New Modules and updated in v0.99 Beta2
- New Audio Recorder with associated floating window and global application control ports for external mapping (source/volume/enable/cut)
- Any-point Recording allows to record audio from any patch location(s), pre or post processing level, and stream data to disk in real-time
- Monitor groups and associated groups management dialog (allow record source switching and complex source selections)
- Follow-clock recorder option makes the audio recording start and stop with the master clock (sample accurate)
- One file for all channels or one file per channel recording option
- Application can export audio to EBU RF64 file format (all bitdepths, including IEEE Float32)
- Application can export audio to WAVE file format (all bitdepths, including IEEE Float32)
- Audio recordings above 4GB in size are automatically converted to RF64 format
- Various other improvements and bugfixes
New Modules and updated in v0.99 Beta
- External MIDI Gear (special module to control external instruments and effects via MIDI output)
- Dual-Stereo Clear-Path Master Module (2x2 in + 2x2 out + clock)
- Octo-Channel Clear-Path Master Module (8/8 + clock)
- 16-Channel Clear-Path Master Module (16/16 + clock)
- 32-Channel Clear-Path Master Module (32/32 + clock)
- MIDI Output is now fully functionnal (up to 8 devices for a maximum of 128 output channels)
- MIDI Output turbo mode option (allocate one core to greatly improve MIDI output timing precision and reduce jitter)
- MIDI input messages can be filtered per type at different levels (global, per device or per channel, and also per module)
- MIDI effects can be applied individually to all modules that can receive MIDI
- Notes transpose MIDI effect (transpose all notes inside configured range)
- Notes range MIDI effect (excludes all notes outside of configured range)
- Message filter MIDI effect (filter incoming messages by type)
- VST plugins with MIDI output can send MIDI to other modules (interlinks)
- Pure MIDI processing VST plugins are now supported (ex: sequencers with no audio I/O)
- Optimized patch live-updating (faster and less ressource intensive)
- Refactored advanced thread affinities configuration (now 3 possible choices: OS managed, balanced and strict)
- Optimized multi-core load balancing (in strict and balanced affinity modes)
- Holding a modifier key (shift or control) when creating audio patch links allow to connect multiple pins at once
- All modules having name labels on their GUIs now properly update when the module is renamed
- Added support for two new keyboard physical layouts (US 104 variants)
- Module and control context menus now display ticks when mappings are active
- Improved presets XML loading to allow better forward compatibility
- Improved MME and DirectSound polling wave engines performance
- Selecting a hard drive root directory as VST plugins path is now prevented
- New hidden option to remove all document save confirmation prompts (some of you hate those, use at your own risk)
- Added some integrated help and instructions to the monitor groups management dialog
- Thread priorities configuration is now hidden deeper in the advanced config tab (new dialog)
- Optimized VST plugins MIDI input (more efficient handling code)
- Fixed regression in Rapier DX and Trident DX (single) DirectSound wave engines
- A fix introduced in previous version led to a regression in the way VST GUIs dimensions are retrieved (some GUIs had wrong size in wrappers, ex: dblue Glitch)
- SyncToPush and other events coming from the synch engine did not trigger clock location change flags
- Changing VST control rate in config without reloading document would crash
- Partially incorrect clock information was sent to VST plugins, leading to some sequence looping issues (ex: Superior Drummer)
- Finally resolved the long lasting bug around MIDI input (falsely identified as a timing bug in previous release, now properly fixed)
- Resolved a nasty bug leading to the "problem with the modules" error message
- Sometimes patch was not live-updated after using undo/redo history
- Fixed a bug that prevented disabling MIDI routings (driver-level thru-mode) after a config change with engine running
- Fixed some edge cases around presets management when operating on disabled or non-powered modules
- Too many VST plugins do not support a tempo value of zero, a tiny value is sent instead to avoid crashes
- Module popup context menu is no longer displayed for internal modules inside a PopUp Design GUI wrapper (led to bad things)
- Fixed slight font display issue in two RMC modules as well as the RMC LFO
New Modules and updated in v0.98 Beta
- Full-slave synch mode
- Live synch mode
- Master clock transport control
- 5 different synchronization schemes
- Transport control input using standard MIDI protocol (Start / Stop / Continue / SongPositionPtr).
- Transport input control using MIDI Machine Control protocol (Play / Stop / Locate / Reset).
- Transport input control using MIDI Show Control protocol (Start / Stop / Set / Zero).
- Transport input control using first MIDI note received (start only).
- Transport input control using space key on local keyboard (Ctrl+space to restart).
- Clock Input control via MIDI Timecode protocol
- Clock Input control via MIDI Clock protocol
- Metronome with LED display GUI (useful for drummers) bar/beat/sub enable and volume controls.
- Metronome internal MIDI mode (sends notes to any internal instrument to use as a metronome).
- Module execution order can now be altered using the new Patch execution order dialog.
- Master clock location can be displayed in timecode format on transport bar.
- Tempo in quarter notes per minute (QNPM), beats per minute (BPM) or compound beats per minute (CBPM).
- Various other improvements and bugfixes
New Modules and updated in v0.97 Alpha
- RoboControl LFO (modulate any parameter in the patch)
- PopupDesign (x8 and x4 GUI wrapper)
- PopupDesign Compact GUI wrapper
- Matrix Mixer (16x16, 8x8, 4x4, 1x16, 1x8, 1x4)
- Matrix Router (16x16, 8x8, 4x4, 16x1, 8x1, 4x1, 1x16, 1x8, 1x4)
- Multi way switch (16, 8 ,4 , 2 ,16to1, 8to1, 4to1, 2to1 switches)
- DC Blocker
- Brown Noise BNG1
- Pink Noise PNG1
- White Noise WNG1
- Label (1x1, 2x1, 4x1)
- Delay Compensated Retard
- Non Compensated Retard
- Latency Report
- Cross-Fader and Fader-Cross
- RMS Meter
- Presence Meter
- Stereo Pad
- Stereo Balance
- CamoGain x1
- X/Y Control Pad Mk1 and Mk2
- Remote Switch and Knob
- Fader Box x6 and x12
- Various Detail enhancements
- Various Bugfixes
New Modules and updated in v0.96
- Octo-Channel Clock-Free Master Module (8x8 master)
- 16-Channel Clock-Free Master Module (16x16 master)
- 32-Channel Clock-Free Master Module (32x32 master)
- Camo Mixer x4 (simple 4 channels mixer)
- Camo Mixer x8 (simple 8 channels mixer)
- Camo Mixer x32 (simple 32 channels mixer)
- Stress Tool (special stress-load test module)
- More uniform fonts and enhanced readability
- Various GUI speed and performance optimizations
- Master module state is now saved in scene snapshots
- CPU overload protection can be set from config menu