RapidComposer is a rapid music prototyping software designed for composers, song-writers and musicians of all musical styles.
DAWs are great for mixing and mastering but they are not intended for music composition. RapidComposer is a dedicated application for creative music composers with non-destructive editing and features that you won't find even in the best DAW applications. Not because RapidComposer is better than a DAW; it is a different tool for a different purpose.
- Unique non-destructive, phrase-based music composition.
- Advanced tools for phrase editing, phrase generation, phrase grouping, motif development, chord progression editing.
- Intuitive drag and drop environment (you can drop chords, progressions, phrases, instruments to the composition).
- Master track with chords (absolute or scale degrees).
- Movable, resizable and transposable smart phrases that always conform to the current chord.
- Phrase and rhythm generators help you to create thousands of musically useful (not random) phrases.
- Extensive scale, chord, guitar chord, chord progression databases.
- Taggable instrument database of all MIDI, VSTi and SF2 presets in one place.
- Variations can be applied to phrases, or whole tracks.
- IdeaTool that generates a multitrack composition based on the parameters and rules that you specify.
- Unlimited undo and the ability to make several versions of the same composition.
- MIDI drag-and-drop
- Virtual instruments (VSTi v2.4 plug-ins) support.
- SoundFont (.SF2) support.
New in v2.06
- Resizeable timeline
- Change the key of an existing composition with chord harmonization
- Bugfix for problem that inhibits loading an idea in the Idea Tool
- ASIO improvements
- Various minor fixes and stability improvements
New in v2.04
- Corrected the Windows 64bit download link
- Improved audio import in the phrase inspector than in the track inspector
- Set inspector fade in/out time in the settings
- Can now select of chord progression for the specified scale
- Bugfix for scale note shading on the piano roll
- Bugfix for an issue when after phrase editing the phrase was not updated in the composition
- Bugfix for Ableton Live! VST plug-in 'close' function
- Bugfix for note parameters in sample phrases #9,#10,#11
- Various other stability fixes
New in v2.0
- Rewritten GUI for better usability on small resolutions
- Chords and progressions can be based on scale degrees, several chord notations offered
- Cut/copy/paste works for phrases
- Simplified structure editor
- MIDI drag and drop tracks or composition to DAWs
- Enhanced Idea Tool: generate a new composition for pressing a key
- Enhanced reliability - the new recovery feature will recover your composition if the program or a plug-in crashes
- Various other bugfixes