Ringdroid is an Android application for recording and editing sounds, and creating ringtones, directly on the handset.
- Open an existing audio file
- View a scrollable waveform representation of the audio file at 5 zoom levels
- Set starting and ending points for a clip within the audio file, using an optional touch interface
- Play the selected portion of the audio, including an indicator cursor and autoscrolling of the waveform
- Play anywhere else by tapping the screen
- Save the clipped audio as a new audio file and mark it as Music, Ringtone, Alarm, or Notification.
- Record a new audio clip to edit
- Delete audio (with confirmation alert)
- Launches automatically in response to the GET_CONTENT intent with a mime type of audio/ if any other application wants to pick an audio file - for example the "Rings Extended" application.
- Assign a ringtone directly to a contact.
Supported File Formats:
- AAC/MP4 (including unprotected iTunes music)
- 3GPP/AMR (this is the format used when you record sounds directly on the handset)
New in v2.5
User interface improvements including the ability to assign a ringtone directly to a contact and to record new audio on devices running Android system version 2.3.x ('gingerbread'). It also adds a new 'Privacy' item to the main menu that lets you change that setting at any time.