Scooty targets the entry-level hobbyist with a midi hardware keyboard who wants to explore the VST world but doesn't want to spend hundreds of dollars for a commercial host sequencer sporting features designed for the professional. Scooty is an unlimited track, stereo midi/audio ASIO sequencer supporting up to 32 VST instruments/effects. Scooty manages all compositions in a tree view, uses splitter panes and panels to maximize workspace, and has features such as creating speech using Windows' built-in SAPI 4 and 5 speech APIs (Win XP only), and singing using your singing application (one is available on the author's website).
- 32-bit ASIO, ASIO4ALL v2 recommended.
- Undo and redo. Options includes per-track undo/redo, and retain data across sessions.
- Actively saves to disk to reduce liability in case of failure.
- Event-based and clip-based.
- All of the basic functions one would expect in an entry-level sequencer.
- Patterns, for use during midi recording.
- Archive folder automatically compresses/decompresses to save disk space.
- Uses simple pushbuttons to link VSTs to midi channels.
- Works with the Proteus-X2 multi-channel VST.
- Exports to midi type 1, 32-bit float RAW, and 16-bit PCM WAV formats.
- Uses your own wave application for editing audio clips.
- Modules etc have been moved to the author's website. You are not forced to download features you may not want.
- ...visit the author's website for a complete list of features.