Sibelius is the complete software for writing, playing, printing and publishing music notation.
The latest generation of the world’s best-selling music notation software, Avid Sibelius 7 is sophisticated enough to meet the demands of top composers, arrangers, and publishers, yet simple enough for beginners and students. Work quickly with the brand-new, task-oriented user interface.
Experience your scores in stunning clarity with the exclusive, professional-quality sound library. Collaborate more easily thanks to full MusicXML interchange support and other sharing options. And view beautiful, print-quality scores with advanced typography and graphics support. Designed by musicians for musicians, Sibelius 7 is the fastest, smartest, easiest way to write music. You can even take your scores on the go with the Avid Scorch app for iPad.
New in v7.1.3
- This is a maintenance update that fixes various bugs
- Some minor improvements were implemented.
New in v7
- New and exclusive professional-quality sound library - Unique to Sibelius, the new professional-quality sound library delivers stunning musical realism to scores during playback. It includes the Avid Orchestra, a specially recorded full symphony orchestra, a collection of rock and pop sounds from the Avid virtual instrument team, a 27-stop church organ from leading virtual organ creator Hauptwerk, and a selection of sounds from Sample Logic Rumble and Fanfare featuring 14-time world champion Drum and Bugle Corps, The Blue Devils.
- Completely redesigned task-oriented user interface - Optmised for single-display systems, the new user interface employs a rich graphical toolbar and dockable panels that don't obscure the working area, putting all of the software's features at the user's fingertips. The redesigned mixer also allows finer control of playback than ever before, delivering more balanced mixes.
- Full MusicXML interchange - Complete MusicXML import and now export makes sharing files with hundreds of music applications, including Finale®, easier than ever.
- 64-bit performance - Sibelius 7 is the world's first native 64-bit notation software, and has been completely rewritten to take advantage of the performance of today's incredibly fast 64-bit hardware and operating systems.
- Powerful text, graphic and sharing options - Publisher-quality typography and graphics import/export capability delivers finished scores with professional-quality text and graphics. Publish and export demanding layouts and text-heavy scores with advanced finishing options, including direct PDF and EPS export. Also sync with or import notation from Pro Tools®, or export scores as Scorch® files, then share or publish them on the web or via Avid Scorch for iPad®.