Sonic Charge µTonic is a VST plug-in for Windows featuring a unique drum and percussion synthesizer combined with a pattern based drum-machine engine.
You can use the µTonic as a sound module to play drum sounds from your MIDI keyboard or sequencer, or you can use the built-in pattern engine to play drum patterns in sync with your sequencer (provided your sequencer supports synchronization of plug-ins). The sound of the µTonic is 100% synthetic and rendered in real-time. No samples or pre-rendered waveforms are used.
Sonic Charge µTonic was created by Magnus Lidström. Magnus is best known for his work with Propellerhead Software. In particular, he was the brain behind the highly acclaimed Malström synthesizer introduced in Reason 2.0. (Magnus is also responsible for Typhoon, the alternative OS for the Yamaha TX16W.)
- VSTi 2.0 plug-in.
- Eight channel drum and percussion synthesizer. Fully automatable.
- Pattern based drum-machine engine, synchronized to the host sequencer.
- 100% synthetic sound, rendered in real-time. No samples!
- Versatile architecture allow for a wide variety of tweakable drums and effects.
- Uncompromised quality. Over-sampled oscillators, sample-accurate triggering etc.
- Typically less than 5% CPU utilization for all eight channels on a 2.0GHz P4.
- Straightforward and easy to use interface with context menus, popup hints etc.
- Plenty of creative editing options, including randomizing functions etc.
- Comes bundled with a hefty chunk of factory sounds and patterns.