|Software Music Machine Archive||
Featured in Hitsquad's recommended list of the best DAW Software
Studio One is a full featured music production suite from Presonus.
It is a music creation and production application that makes audio recording, MIDI sequencing, and audio mastering simple right out of the box, yet provides a wealth of professional features. It fosters creativity with its intuitive interface, quick response times and and efficienct parameters. It is also robust enough for the most complex productions.
Fresh code, innovative drag-and-drop MIDI mapping and plug-in management, auto-configuration with PreSonus hardware, good audio quality, unlimited tracks and plug-ins per track and a powerful, inventive, Start page that puts the whole project right in your hands are just a few of the compelling features that make Studio One the next generation in audio software, according to PreSonus.
Studio One gives you a complete, easy-to-use solution from raw tracks to finished master, while supporting the latest standards and technologies.
- Elegant single-window work environment.
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality.
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses and FX channels.
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player.
- Integrated mastering solution with automatic mix updating, waveform editing, effects, Red Book CD burning, and digital release.
- Automatic delay compensation.
- Advanced automation.
- 64-bit processing (even on 32-bit machines).
- Easy-to-use sidechain routing.
- 64-bit effects suite.
- Virtual instruments collection.
- User-friendly sampler.
- Intuitive MIDI-mapping system.
- Real-time audio timestretching and resampling.
- AU, VST2, VST3, and ReWire support.
- K System metering.
- Gigabytes of content.
- Compatible with any ASIO-, Windows Audio-,or Core Audio-compliant audio interface.
- Ampire - Amplifier-Modeling Plug-in
- Analog Delay - Tape-Delay Emulation Plug-in
- Auto Filter - Envelope Filter Plug-in
- Beat Delay - Tempo-Synchronized Delay
- Binaural Pan - Stereo Panning Effect Plug-in
- Channel Strip - Dynamics Processing and Equalizer Plug-in
- Chorus - Mono/Stereo Chorus Plug-in
- Compressor - Mono/Stereo Variable Compressor Plug-in
- Expander - Mono/Stereo Expander Plug-in
- Flanger - Stereo/Mono Flanger Plug-in
- Gate - Noise Gate Plug-in
- Groove Delay - Multi-Tap and Tempo Synchronized Delay Plug-in
- Limiter - Mono/Stereo Limiter Plug-in
- Mixtool - Phase and MS Utility Plug-in
- MixVerb - Mono/Stereo Reverb Plug-in
- Multiband Dynamics - Mono/Stereo Multiband Compressor/Expander Plug-in
- Phase Meter - Phase Correlation Analysis Plug-in
- Phaser - Mono/Stereo Phaser Plug-in
- Pro EQ - Seven-Band Parametric EQ
- Red Light Distortion - Distortion Plug-in
- Room Reverb - Stereo/Mono Room Reverb Plug-in
- Spectrum Meter - Frequency Analysis Plug-in
- Tricomp - Three-band Compressor Plug-in
- Tuner - Instrument Tuning Plug-in
- X-Trem - Mono/Stereo Tremolo Plug-in
- Impact - Sample Trigger Virtual Instrument
- Presence - Sample Player Virtual Instrument
- SampleOne - Sampler Virtual Instrument
New in Version 3.2.2
- Improved commands and more streamlined controls
- Various other interface and performance improvements
New in Version 3.2.1
- New button in mixer settings controls restores audio device settings.
- New option allows Mix Engine FX plug-ins in a downstream bus (like Main Out) to process all upstream channels, even if a bus is inserted in between).
- Different indicator LED colors for different Mix Engine FX routings.
- Added 23.98 (23.976) frame-rate support for HD video.
- Show relative value tooltip when using transform tool.
- VCA Channel - Show/Hide Targets.
- Loop follows selection shouldn't activate Loop.
- Zoom Tool available in Music Editor.
- VCA Fader should follow multiple selected tracks.
- Option to play overlaps in create song dialog.
- Option to switch off auto color.
- Return to Start on Stop without view jump.
- Group tracks hidden in hidden folder.
- Suspend "Loop follows selection" when loop has been changed manually.
- Save play start marker in song.
- Various other improvements and bugfixes
New in Version 3.2
- Adds over 50 professional tools and workflow enhancements
New in Version 3
- Scratch Pads
- Arranger Track
- Note FX (MIDI plug-in like effects)
- Step Recorder (for beat and track programming)
- Updated Presence XT sampler with new instrument engine with 15GB of sample sounds
- Mai Tai polyphonic analog modeling synthesizer
- Cloud tab for easy access to online sound content
- Bitcrusher plug-in
- Loops tab
- Leslie cabinet emulator Rotor plug-in
- Better Automation curve
- Updated Console with new Extended FX Chains.
New in Version 2.6.4
- More recording buffer for improved recording performance
- Recording does not stop when disk is too slow
- Added Stereo Mode so that L and R channels are not processed independently
- Bugfix for Soundcloud login not working
- Bugfix for Color picker in automation dialog not working
- Bugfix for Compressor curve
New in Version 2.6.5
- Enhanced SoundCloud integration through support of their new API
- Various other improvements and bugfixes
New in Version 2.6.3
- Support for five screens and more
- Drag-and-drop audio from arrangement to third-party plug-ins.
- Cross-platform support for the CAF (ALAC and LPCM) codec format.
- Convert audio part slices to quantize grid via drag-and-drop.
- Network support for Capture for iPad.
- Various bugfixes
New in Version 2.6.2
- Support for Add-ons, program extensions, soundsets, plug-ins, and other assets exclusively for Studio One 2.6.2 and higher.
- These add-ons are available for purchase directly from the PreSonus online store.
- Various bugfixes
New in Version 2.6.1
- Removed transport controls on 1280 displays
- MIDI preview player bugfix
- Optimized MCU SysEx handling
- Fix for strings converted to uppercase
- Phase meter fix
- Fat Channel plug-in fix
New in Version 2.6
- Mix Scene import feature
- New Fat Channel plug-in
- Nimbit dashboard
- SoundCloud dashboard
- Improved hardware controller compatibility
- Improved metronome
- Various workflow and efficiency improvements.
- Improved editing and merging of instrument parts
- Improved MIDI engine
- Enhanced display and visibility with dynamic resizing.
New in Version 2.5
- Comping Improvements.
- Folder Track Editing. Track Transform Improvements.
- Ampire XT has been completely overhauled.
- Automation Enhancements.
- Audio Export Enhancements.
- Re-recording from Buses.
- Drag-and-drop Event Effects.
- Wet/Dry Mix and Mix Lock for Effects.
- Legato and Overlap Correction (MIDI).
New in Version 2.0.7
- Added Social-Icons on PreSonus on Start page.
- Download and install Language Packs from PreSonus Exchange.
- Bugfix for various issues
New in Version 2.0.6
- [Control]/[Cmd]+Drag to reorder Macro Toolbar buttons/groups.
- Add new bus from Folder track uses track color for bus.
- Preview player resampling performance issue.
- Merging audio parts does not crop events.
- MIDI file export can be corrupt when negative times are used.
- Tempo changes not applied to audio recording.
- Song end not visible in arrangement after tempo change.
- [IR Maker] IRs can have too much room sound.
- [Open AIR] Restore length was incorrect when resampling was active; improved overall performance.
- Splitting folder events cannot be undone.
- Insert silence (via dialog) does not always move markers and signature changes.
- Tuner calibration after loading preset.
- Delay-compensation issue with ReWire.
- Merge audio events that were already in a part.
- Bypass buttons do not have enabled state after song reload.
- Audio Loop recordings with tempo changes are not correctly stretched.
- Edit with Melodyne bounced event, even though Melodyne had already been used.
- [Project] Image export adds silence at end.
- [Project] Spectrum meter only processes left channel.
Whats new in Version 2.0.5
- Various bug fixes
- Reworked Ampire XT amp models
- MIDI CC message improvement
- Manual now available in German, Japanese, Spanish, and French.
- Markers have a Stop flag that stops playback at the marker.
- Exchange and Sound Set Builder now supported in Artist version.
- Audio-file resampling during playback now uses the audio cache, reducing CPU usage in some cases.
- Dithering is now applied to 24-bit audio files if the dithering option is on.
- Tracks can be resized horizontally in the arrangement.
- Added two new track heights: Overview and Minimal (these make tracks very slender so you can see more tracks at once).
- Retains channel settings and automation when replacing an instrument in an Instrument track.
- Performance meter adds RAM usage display (in 32-bit version).
- Tape Style monitoring option (Options/Advanced/Devices) mutes playback on audio track.
- Transform now always uses 32-bit floating-point math.
- Now shows file size in Exchange-item previews.
- Events with bend markers are bounced to a new file before editing in Melodyne.
- You can right-click on an event to remove Melodyne.
- If you close a song without saving, a list shows which files will be deleted.
- Expand Folder command is now in contextual menu.
- Tab to transients in Audio parts.
- Next and Previous Track commands added to FaderPort (shift + left/right channel buttons).
- Save FX on/off state in FX Chains.
- Product keys from user account are listed in the Activation window.
Whats new in Version 2.0.2
- Built-in Melodyne Pitch Correction
- Easy transient detecting, editing and groove extraction
- Multitrack Comping
- Better file and workflow organization
- Improved Mastering
Whats new in Version 1.6.1
- Added Japanese language support
- Split channel option for Keyboard devices
- When renaming events, numbers can be added automatically.
- The Normalize function now normalizes to -0.1 dB.
- Adjusted the process handling that could create CPU spikes with other host programs or plug-ins (e.g., Kontakt, FL Studio, and jBridge).
- Parameters from different instruments could not be dragged onto the same automation track.
- Real-time mixdown could create crackles on some systems.
- MPK49 device transport controls were not working. (Also removed encoders from mixer pan for easier Control Link assignment.)
- Fixed redraw bug in instrument rack.
- Loading a Studio One 1.5 song with Pipeline disabled crashed the program.
- Delay Compensation was not working correctly for channels using a sidechain input.
- Audio recording delay after changing buffer size and restarting.
- Improved auto-punch with loop recording enabled.
- Mac OS X: Edit box navigation for Channel names and Track names not working.
- Dialog buttons (OK, Cancel, etc.) could not be triggered using the Space or Return keys on keyboard.
- Removal of a Song folder when the Song is closed without saving was not working if any audio tracks were armed.
- Sample One: LFO-sync drop-down menu not working.
- Pipeline: the Return scope not working with 4 KB buffer size.
- Presence: Crackle at certain amplitude-envelope settings.
- Mojito: Hanging notes.