Featured in Hitsquad's Top Apps for Music Production on iPad
SunVox is a small, simple, fast and powerful program for music creation.
- Modular interface.
- Highly optimized synth algorithmes.
- Flexible architecture: SunVox can working on variuos devices. For example: PDA with slow CPU - 16bit sound (fixed point arithmetic); or big PC with powerfull CPU: 32bit sound (floating point arithmetic).
- SunVox engine (without GUI) is open source and distributed under the terms of BSD license.
- Built-in synthesizers:
- FM synthesizer;
- Generator (saw,triangle,square,noise waveforms);
- Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI);
- SpectraVoice (FFT-based synth for analog-like pads);
- Stereo Delay;
- Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass, Notch);
- Reverb (with DC Blocking Filter).
- Vocal Filter
- Supported platforms: Windows, Linux, PalmOS, WindowsCE.
- Export to WAV.
New in v1.7.5
- Load XM and MOD files
- Now with extended list of effects for XM/MOD to SunVox conversion
- Various new controllers, functions and modules
- Optimized sound engine
- Various bugs fixed
New in v1.7.1
- Added missing files (instruments, samples, synths);
- Bugfix for several bugs.
New in v1.6.4
- new module: Side Chain Compressor;
- new module: DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
- new module: Amplifier;
- added multitrack WAV export;
- double click on the empty area of Sound Net -> Create a new module;
- double click on some pattern of Timeline -> Open a window with pattern properties;
- maximum BPM increased to 800;
- interactive waveform drawing added to Generator (only for type 4 (dirty));
- added new simple examples: compressor, drumsynth1-4;
- added new examples: chain reaction;
- iOS: added stereo mode to Input module;
- iOS: added Online Help (in the Main Menu);
- many bugs fixed.
New in v1.6.5
- Bugfix release that effected iOS 3.x.
New in v1.6.3
- fixed several serious bugs in sound engine;
- added a new standard effect 07 - set sample offset by a percentage (from 0000 to 8000).
New in v1.6.2
- quantization noise is reduced by 4 times;
- improved sound quality of the following modules: Generator, SpectraVoice;
- new Generator waveforms: half-sine (6); abs-sine (7); pulse-sine with duty cycle (8);
- added Copy and Paste of modules;
- added new control "Velocity" to MultiSynth module;
- now Sampler can record signals from another modules; just connect some output module (Generator, for example) to the Sampler and press the "Rec", "Rec mono" or "Rec LoFi" button under the Sampler controllers; "Rec" - record stereo; "Rec mono" - record mono; "Rec LoFi" - record mono with reduced sampling frequency;
- added Input module for audio receiving from microphone or line-in; at the moment only iOS supported; the Input for other systems will be available in the next releases;
- added D-pad for more precise cursor positioning in the pattern editor;
- added Audio Copy/Paste (Intua Audio Sharing); Sonoma compatible; Where to find: Main menu -> Export/import -> Copy/Paste;
- added multitouch support to Touch Theremin;
- added multitouch support to piano keyboard;
- supported commands for MIDI IN: NoteON/OFF;
- supported commands for MIDI OUT: NoteON/OFF; Control Change; Program Change; Bank Select;
- use controllers with number 80+X to send MIDI Control Change; where the X is MIDI Controller Number; for example: 8100 8000 - set Modulation (MSB and LSB) to the max value;
- added Preferences (in the Main menu);
- templates support (in the Preferences);
- fixed bug with overload of EQ module;
- added new songs and instruments (samples);
- many bugs fixed.
Proudly sponsored by