|Software Music Machine Archive||
SynthMaster is a semi-modular software synthesizer and multi-FX plug-in.
It is a combination of different synthesis methods, including ring modulation, frequency / phase modulation, additive synthesis, osc sync, subtractive synthesis, waveshaping, amplitude modulation and pulse width modulation. It also works as a Multi-Effects plug-in, featuring 16 band Vocoder, Stereo Tremolo, 8 band parametric EQ/filterbank, Stereo Chorus, Stereo Reverb and Stereo Delay.
- 64 voice polyphony.
- 3 Additive Oscillators per voice: Each multi-waveform oscillator has its own volume / frequency (pitch) envelope.
- 3 Multi-mode Stereo Filters per voice: Each filter has 23 different filter types and 18 different distortion types. Filters can be connected in three different configurations: Series, parallel and split.
- 4 Modulators per voice: The modulators can be used as LFOs (low frequency oscillators) or audio rate oscillators to modulate other modulators, multi-mode filters or the additive oscillators. Each modulator has its own envelope.
- 2 MIDI LFOs: These 2 LFOs are used to generate MIDI CC (control change) messages to modulate plug-in parameters. Since each controller can be linked to multiple plug-in parameters, it is possible to modulate all of those parameters at the same time using the MIDI LFOs.
- 2 32 step Patterns: The patterns could be used as waveforms for modulators or MIDI LFOs. Since the number of steps is user adjustable, it is possible to generate patterns in rhythms other than 4/4 such as 9/8, 7/8, etc.
- 16 Step Arpeggiator: Every step has its own volume, length and delta. The number of steps is user adjustable, so it is possible to generate arpeggios in rhythms other than 4/4, such as 9/8, 7/8, 5/8, etc.
- 8 Band parametric EQ/Filterbank: The EQ could be constructed in different combinations such as parallel, series, or input + series. Each band in the EQ could be bypassed, which makes it possible to construct a very flexible parametric EQ.
- Stereo Echo / Delay: The echo effect has feedback and filter cutoff parameters, and its delay size is tempo synced.
- 16 Band Vocoder: The vocoder uses analog modeled bandpass filters. Either the synth output or the audio input can be used as carrier/modulator signal for the vocoder.
- Stereo Chorus / Flanger: The chorus effect in SynthMaster has separate delay and rate controls for the left and right outputs, which widens the stereo width of the effect output.
- Stereo Reverb: The reverb effect in SynthMaster is based on physical modeling. You can specify physical parameters such as the room size, the distance of the left & right sound sources, and the width between the sound sources.
- Microtuning: Each plug-in instance can have its own custom tuning specified.
- MIDI Links: Plug-in parameters can be easily linked to MIDI controllers. Each plug-in instance has its own parameter-controller link settings.
- "Partial" Presets: Plug-in parameters for various parts of SynthMaster can be saved independently, which makes it very easy to create complex presets by combining different "partial" presets.
New in v2.8.4
- Turn on/off arpeggiator MIDI Output. (Off by default)
- Bugfix for AAX crashes Protools upon launch due to buffer overflow
- Bugfix for Sustain pedal implementation not working correctly
- Bugfix for KeyScaler view doesn't display notes correctly
New in v2.8
- 4 new filter categories
- Layer Effects on a single tab
- New Drum Kit
- New Factory Presets
- Various other improvements and bugfixes
New in v2.7.6
- Single installer for 32/64 bit versions of Windows
- Now reads scala tuning files from \SynthMaster\Scales folder as well
- Now reads root note information from scala tuning files.
- Now has weekly version checking.
- SynthMaster Player updated to v2.7 with 300 new presets!
- Added 50 new factory presets by Bluffmunkey
- Various other bugfixes and improvements
New in v2.7.1
- Added 16 different oscillator algorithms in the following categories: Spectral (HP, HS, LS, BP, BS), Bend (Bend+, Bend-, Bend +/-), Sync (No Window, Cos Window, Half Window, Tri Window, Saw Window), Other (Pulse1, Pulse2, Bit Crush)
- The analog filter algorithms have been rewritten so now they have 3 different CPU modes: Basic, Normal and High.
- Improved the unison (voice stacking) features of basic/wavetable oscillators
- Wavetable oscillator UI rewritten for simpler workflow
- The modulators in each layer can now be used as sub-oscillators as well.
- Assign multiple parameters to a single modulation source with a single click
- Export your own presets as an iOS preset bank
- Added 300 new presets to our factory library.
New in v2.6.19
- Added /SynthMaster/Presets folder to preset search folders list on startup.
- Bugfix for changing the HP cutoff frequency of the EQ effect generating noise/out of range values.
- Bugfix for Sampling rate set to 44.1 kHz for all SynthMaster AAX instances.
- Bugfix for rests in between notes not being recognized correctly when importing MIDI sequences to the arpeggiator
- Bugfix for loops not working as "one shot" envelopes.
New in v2.6.17
- Faster startup time
- Bugfix for AAX not syncing to host tempo
- Bugfix for incorrect mouse wheel increment for knobs
- Bugfix for expansion presets not assigning favorite attribute
- Bugfix for Midi learn for XY Pads not working
New in v2.6.9
- Critical bugfixes
- 50 new presets for dubstep, electro house, progressive house etc.
New in v2.6.3
- Fix for load preset issue when the audio engine is stopped.
- Fix for CPU spike when a Logic session is played back for the first time.
- Fix for 8-bit WAV file reading issue
New in v2.6.2
- New partial presets (124) by Insigna
- New factory presets (24) by Insigna
- Writes its temporary data under the Common Documents folder so that users dont have to run the DAW application as "administrator"
- Bugfix for saving preset settings
- Bugfix for CC7 to Master Volume default midi cc mapping causing issues with some DAWs such as Sonar/DP7
- Bugfix for HP cutoff frequency of the EQ effect generating noise
New in v2.6.1
- Now reads SynthMasterCM/SynthMasterBE presets
- Now has access to presets uploaded to the online library by SynthMasterCM/SynthMaster users
- Now sends MIDI output for its 2 layers separately
- Updated the OnlinePresets bank
- Easy parameters auto assign algorithm has been vastly improved
- Number of modulation sources per parameter has been increased to 4
- Bugfix for easy parameter default values
- Bugfix for preset scale dropdown
- Bugfix for click between overlapping notes in mono mode
- Bugfix for Layer2 Ensemble effect not working correctly
New in v18.104.22.168
- More bugfixes
New in v22.214.171.124
- Now supports multiple user preset folders.
- Now adds default preset extension smpr while saving presets.
- Now remembers user's last folder selection for imported samples.
- Now supports global A4 tune through configuration file.
- Added tripled/dotted timing for arpeggiator steps.
- Added stereo panning for stereo SFZ oscillators.
- Various bugfixes
New in v126.96.36.199
- Added tripled/dotted timing for arpeggiator steps
- Added stereo panning for stereo SFZ oscillators
- Bugfix:Saving preset settings might cause SynthMaster RTAS to crash
- Bugfix: MIDI Node number of each SynthMaster RTAS instance is not unique
- Bugfix: Preset browser bank filter missing in Synthmaster RTAS
- Bugfix: For VST hosts that use variable buffer size (such as Orion), SynthMaster doesnt work correctly.
- Bugfix: When engine quality is greater than draft, MIDI CC filter lag time is incorrect
- Bugfix: When engine quality is greater than draft, non-voice MIDI messages are not processed correctly
- Bugfix: When voice stealing, notes that are held should not be stolen
- Bugfix: Deleting keyscaler points with right mouse button doesnt work
- Bugfix: For multiline textboxes (preset description), the last line is not displayed
- Bugfix: SynthMaster AU 64bits might crash if there are certain plugins in the session
- Bugfix: Step LFO doesnt start at correct step index
- Bugfix: SynthMaster should warn user if temporary files can not be written (under Program Files or Library)
- Bugfix: After saving a preset its name is displayed twice on the preset browser.
- Bugfix: For SFZ oscillators, phase (sample start index) parameter can not be modulated
New in v188.8.131.52
- Added XLarge and XXLarge engine buffer sizes.
- Bugfix for reading 32-bit floating point WAV/AIFF files.
- Bugfix for consuming unnecessary CPU cycles when a sample playback oscillator is playing an empty (silent) region.
- Switching between basic/wavescan oscillators might crash SynthMaster.
- SFZ sample playback doesn't work for modulators, causes crash.
- FM on SFZ sample playback oscillators doesn't work, causes crash.
- Layer 2 Osc 2 Voices parameter is not working correctly.
New in v184.108.40.206
- Modulate filter key tracking parameter
- SynthMaster FX has now stereo audio inputs.
- New demo mode restrictions
- Various Bugfixes
New in v220.127.116.11
- New online presets uploaded by registered users.
- New (red) skin, created by Irion DaRonin.
- New global setting to enable/disable hiding older presets.
- New global setting to enable/disable bipolar easy parameters.
- For effect version of SynthMaster, oscillator type is set to "audioin" by default now.
- Various bugfixes
New in v18.104.22.168
- Optional Auto Scrolling for list boxes
- Support for loading/saving preset banks
- Added "MIDI CC Filter Lag" global parameter
- Added "Mouse Filter Lag" global parameter
- Added support for expansion folders
- Reset easy parameter settings
- Rename presets from within the preset browser
New in v2.5
- Crossplatform VST/AU
- 400 New Factory Presets
- Improved Effects and routing
- Improved Arpeggiator
- Enhanced Modulation System
- Enhanced Unison and Stereo Oscillator
- Improved filter algorithms including Multi Mode and dual filters
- Vector Synthesis
- Bug fixes