Synthmaker is a modular synth environment meant to be used for the creation of virtual software synthesizers. Eventhough the latest version of synthmaker is not yet ready for release and it is too complex to use without proper documentation, it is made available in order to obtain feedback from advanced users. At the moment Synthmaker requires a processor with SSE instructions. Support for SSE instructions started with the Pentium III and continued with more recent processors.
This update corrects a number of issues introduced in the 2.0 release.
With version 2.0 we had to make changes to the way that the code stages work. As a result stage(2) is now the default stage, not stage(1). This update now handles conversion to this new system automatically when old files are loaded.
This release also contains a number of code optimisations that were missing from the initial release. The effect of this was that some processes in SynthMaker were working less efficiently than they should causing some operations to be sluggish and others to use more cpu. A particular example is in the Wave Osc where, when using a 1024 or higher number of points the drawing interaction was decidedly slow. Exported VST and EXE sizes were also affected. This has been corrected now.
The headline feature is Multi Sample Support. For a long time creating sample based products in SynthMaker has been an intricate and time consuming process. The new Multi Sample modules change all of this and make the process an absolute breeze.
There are several other minor fixes and updates as well.
New in v2.0.4
- New: direct sound in is now available in exported exes.
- Fix: bug which caused chained Rotate components to produce a different result when a module wasn't selected.
- Fix: bug in the new trigger system changes that caused some unexpected results to occur in a narrow set of circumstances.
- Fix: switching the new trigger changes off didn't change the Switch components back correctly.
- Fix: problem with multiple thread handling in the new frozen link system that caused frozen links to appear when they shouldn't.
- Fix: exported exes with more than 2 mono ins or outs were ignoring those additional connectors.
- Fix: multiple boolean outputs transmitted wirelessly to the same input were not combining correctly.
- Fix: the Trigger Div component wasn't updating when linking or unlinking a value to the divisor input.
- Fix: the toolbox page was not resetting back to the first when typing in the search box.
- Fix: template connectors are now assumed to be Mono in a module that is exported as exe.
- Fix: when a module output is not connected to anything internally it wasn't reverting to a template connector after loading or copy and paste.
- Fix: if you had mono inputs but no mono outputs on an exported exe the required DS or ASIO out wasn't being created and no data was flowing.
New in v2.0.2
- New: Save Wave component is promoted out of R&D.
- New: the Save Wave component has new format options for 16,24 & 32 bit ints and also 32 bit floats.
- New: the WaveFile and WaveFileArray components now support 32 bit sample wave files (both float and int).
- Fix: Assembler components didn't have the automatic stage1 to stage2 conversion working.
- Fix: Assembler components weren't automatically recompiling on loading after stage conversion.
- Fix: Automatic stage1 to stage2 conversion wasn't working in Code Components if stage declarations contained white space (for example, "Stage (1)" or "Stage( 1 )" would be ignored).
- Fix: the Save Wave component wasn't working when saving very small files.
Fix: the Save Wave component didn't need the 'Mono' input and instead take this from the supplied Mem.