As seen in Hitsquad's Top 10 Free VST/AU Virtual Instruments For Macintosh
TAL-Vocoder is a vintage vocoder emulation with 11 bands that emulates the sound of vocoders from the early 80s. It includes analog-modeled components in combination with digital algorithms such as the SFFT (Short-Time Fast Fourier Transform). It includes an envelope follower for each of the eleven bands.
This vocoder is optimized for voice processing and includes some algorithms for consonants to make the voice more intelligible. The carrier signal is a VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) with a Pulse, Saw, Noise and Sub Osc. But it's also possible to use the left stereo input as carrier, this way every sound source can be used as carrier signal.
- 11-band vocoder with adjustable volume for every band.
- Adjustable harmonic control adds harmonics to the carrier signal.
- Adjustable speed of the envelope follower (smudge).
- Carrier VCO (saw, pulse, sub osc, noise - poly and mono mode with portamento).
- Mode for external carrier signals (left input channel as carrier, right channel as modulator).
- Stereo chorus.
- 14 presets, including presets from Dynamix II.
- All sample rates supported.
- Classic vocoder sound.
New in 2 v1.02
- OSX 10.5 support
- Bugfix for crash while loading or closing the plugin
- Only OSX intel supported
New in 2 v1.0
- Chorus effect added (Version 1.0).
- Faster clipping LED response (Version 1.0).
- Better readable font (Version 1.0).
New in v1.20
- AU validation with min, max value fixed (Audio Unit version)