TDR Feedback Compressor is a dynamic range compressor.
This plugin is dedicated to sum/bus compression, its design is based on intensive studies on feed-back compressor topology. Most modern compressors analyze the input signal to control gain reduction. The feed-back compressor design however “listens” to its output. This non-intuitive approach delivers an unobtrusive and transparent compression characteristic that is able to handle complex signals with ease.
This plugin features a minimalistic audio-path and state of the art digital signal processing techniques - tuned for musical applications. Unlike the current hype on analog or vintage model compressors - this plugin is a completely unique compressor.
- Typical “Feed-Back Compression” sound and behaviour.
- 64bit floating point precision for all relevant calculations.
- Bit-transparent differential oversampling structure (only the “wet” part is oversampled).
- Internal re-sampling via high quality linear phase filters.
- Advanced stereo-linking (reduces audible cross-modulation).
- Adaptive integration time RMS detector. Optional PEAK detection.
- Freely adjustable compression knee.
- Blend between the original and compressed signal.
- Optional side-chain 6dB/Oct high-pass filter.
- Optional harmonic distortion generator.
- Optional velocity-based auto-release (dynamic adaptation of release shape and timing for transparent gain reduction).
- Delta preview mode. Allows to preview the difference between compressed and original signal.
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted).
Changes in v2 beta9
- The velocity based slider-mode can now be disabled in a globally persistent manner
- Various minor interface related fixes.
- Improved UI graphics.
Changes in v0.9.01 beta
- Redesigned Interface, now with smaller knobs, transfer function display and other changes
- New parameter “Detector”
- New compression timing control scheme with independent controls for “Release Fast” and “Release Slow”
- “Makeup/Blend/OutGain” replaced by “Makeup/DryMix”
- Side chain filter preview mode
- Side chain filter section improved
- Color section improved