Tab Transcriber is a notation software for fretted string instruments, including guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin, etc... The software transcribes standard midi files into the tablature of your choice: custom tunings for almost any instrument may be defined and saved in a tunings library. The resulting fret positions may be modified to the preference of the player with little effort.
Summary of the features:
- High quality transcription engine which optimizes playing positions.
- The transcription engine provides detailed statistics on the quality of the transcription.
- The ability to merge multiple tracks from a midi file into a single transcription.
- Allows transposition of notes.
- Has an "open string bias" option which puts an emphasis on open string positions.
- The ability to create custom tunings for almost any instrument. (Professional version)
- A multiple window interface, that allows multiple transcriptions to be opened and editedsimultaneously.
- Quick start tutorials in the on-line help.
- Export tablature to text (7-bit ASCII characters)
- MIDI playback support (Version 3)
- Multi language support (Version 3)