TablEdit is a program for creating, editing, printing and listening to tablature and sheet music (standard notation) for guitar and other fretted, stringed instruments (now supporting instruments up to 12 strings). Additionally, TablEdit supports tablature and standard notation for harmonica, mountain dulcimer, diatonic accordion, drums, violin, and banjo (even taking into consideration the special aspect of the fifth string).
TablEdit can open/import ASCII, MIDI, ABC, Bucket O' Tab, Tabestry and Wayne Cripps files, as well as files created by earlier versions of
TablEdit. Files can be saved in TablEdit format or exported to ASCII, ABC or MIDI formats.
Support for English, Deutsch, Français, Español and Svenska.
Some new features in TablEdit 2.40
- Duration error color user selectable
- Editing of tablatures for Tin Whistle and Recorder
- Printout of effects in "Notation only" print mode
- Improvements in the "Beam break" function
- Complete reworking of the "Print preview" function
- New grace note type, "grupetto".
- Adjustable position of rests within the stave
- Insert/Delete function based on the current duration and secured to avoid loss of notes
- MIDI import of triplets and pitch-bends
- New "Optimize Fingerings" option in Midi Import dialogue
- Display of pre-bends within square brackets
- Direct on-screen editing of texts by clicking on the concerned text
- Improved management of lyrics
- Support for staccato
- Ability to print odd or even pages
- Ability to change fingerings (markers) vertical and horizontal positions