The Glue is a high quality analog modeled plug-in based on a cross between an E and G series SSL 4000 buss compressor with some additional features. It uses the same high quality algorithms used in circuit simulation packages but optimised for real time use. It's quick and easy to use and has an uncluttered interface.
Additions include an ultra-fast attack time of up to 0.01mS and a Range knob which backs off the compression to give incredibly natural sounding attacks and limits the maximum amount of compression applied. Also included are external sidechain support and an adjustable sidechain highpass filter.
- Accurate analog model of an SSL 4000 buss compressor.
- Ultra-fast attack time of up to 0.01 mS.
- Range knob to naturally control the maximum compression applied.
- Peak Clip to optionally hard limit transients.
- DSP coded using C++ and assembler, Interface coded using the Juce framework (C++).
- Serial number copy protection with generous license agreement.
- Gain reduction meter (dB) 0 to -20.
- Peak clip LED.
- Threshold (dB): 0 to -40.
- Range (dB): 0 to Full (-oo).
- Makeup (dB): 0 to 40.
- Attack (mS): 0.01, 0.1, 0.3, 1, 3, 10, 30.
- Ratio: 2, 4, 10.
- Release (S): 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.2, Auto.
- Compression In (Switch): On, Off.
- Mix (%): Dry 0 to Wet 100.
- Peak Clip (Switch): On, Off.
- Side-chain HP (Hz): Off, 20 to 2000.
- External Side-chain In (Switch): On, Off.
New in v1.2.1
- Support Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)
- ProTools 10 officially supported for RTAS plug-ins (AAX still to come).
- latency for oversampling has fixed length for better support of various hosts.
- now uses operating system standard dialog boxes for better accessibility.
- all keystrokes now passed through to all hosts in AU version.
- RTAS not loading on Windows 7 machines.
- Bug that prevented preset “Load...” from working.
- Mouse over values for knobs now display correctly.
New in v1.1.4
- New: smoothed Threshold, Makeup, Range, Mix, and Sidechain HP controls so no pops, clicks, or zipper noise when adjusted from gui or automated.
- New: linear phase high quality oversampling to support up to 12 MHz (x256) – note that x2 is recommended for Realtime and x8 is recommended for Render.
- New: next and previous preset buttons.
- Fixed: removed CPU spikes when drawing the graphical user interface on Mac.
- Fixed: removed CPU spikes on first play, and when switching oversampling amounts.
- Fixed: preset menu not showing with some hosts on PPC.
- Fixed: reduced memory footprint with large oversampling amounts with large host buffer sizes.
New in v1.1.0
- New: linear phase high quality oversampling up to 768 kHz.
- Fixed: freeze on render in Wavelab 7.
- Fixed: denormal bug causing extra cpu usage with long sections of silence.
- Fixed: improved Pro Tools TDM compatibility.