Tube Amp is an audio effect plug-in that applies asymmetric tube triode overdrive usually found in single-tube microphone pre-amp boxes. The sound this plug-in produces varies from a mild "warm" overdrive to a fuzzy distortion. Beside that, Tube Amp includes a -6 dB/oct low-pass filter that is built-in into plug-in's valve modeling equation, and can be used to imitate a lower-quality tube triode.
Tube Amp also features all standard advanced Voxengo plug-in features like full multi-channel operation and built-in oversampling.
- Asymmetric tube triode overdrive.
- Multi-channel processing.
- Internal channel routing.
- Channel grouping.
- Mid/side processing.
- Up to 8x oversampling.
- 64-bit floating point processing.
- Preset manager.
- Undo/redo history.
- A/B comparisons.
- Contextual hint messages.
New in v2.4
- Various bugfixes
New in v2.3
- The "Show All Channel Meters" routing switch added.
- Additional visual look variation settings added.
- Oversampling filter type "Min-phase/Lin-phase" switch added.
- Level meter's "density mode" improved.
- Plug-in's popup-windows now recover last position after reopening.
- The "Min Infrastructure" user interface display mode added.
- The "Flat Level Meters" level meter display mode added.
- Version change history information window added.
New in v2.2
- "Radial" knob mode can be now disabled completely.
- "Off-Line Render" indication added.
- Knob read-outs now require a single click for keyboard entry.
- Occasional crashes in WaveLab and other hosts fixed.
- Host sample rate switch-related problem fixed.
- Minor visual improvements implemented.
- Plug-in initial loading time reduced.
- The "VST Function Sync" global switch was added that fixes crashes in some hosts (i.e. Tracktion).
- Parameter automation on AU Mac OS X now shows real parameter values.
- Preset "update" function implemented in the preset manager.
- The "No Multi-Channel Operation" global switch was added that fixes incompatibility with some non-VST2.3 compliant VST hosts.
Cheap Tube Amp Round-up