Tube Saturator represents Wave Arts' first step into the world of accurate real-time analog modeling.
Unlike other tube simulators which use radically simplified models, Wave Arts says that Tube Saturator "uses state-of-the-art circuit simulator technology to capture every nuance of an analog system". The actual schematic (consisting of resistors, capacitors, tubes, and so on) is precisely specified within the simulator and completely defines the signal processing - no approximations or short cuts. Technically, the plug-in is solving a set of mathematical equations, in real-time, to capture the non-linear and complex interactions of all the components in the system, with the intention of sounding exactly like the analog circuit.
Use Tube Saturator to add a bit of analog warmth to recordings, or increase the drive for some distortion. You can use it as a saturating peak limiter too. This new technology is CPU intensive, but brings you analog realism like never before, according to Wave Arts.
- Accurate tube preamp simulator using 64-bit circuit simulation technology.
- Two common cathode 12AX7 preamp stages.
- Baxandall 3-band EQ.
- Drive control for distortion adjustment.
- EQ bypass.
- FAT mode for increased punch.
- Analog style metering.
- No latency.
- Up to 192 kHz sampling rate, depending on CPU speed.
- Mono or stereo.
New in v1.10
- Bugfix for 64-bit plug-ins that could result in a crash or hang when working on large projects.
- Bugfix for missing gate meters in Master Restoration and MR Gate.
- Bugfix for window offset problem in Avid Media Composer
- Bugfix for AudioSuite compatibility with Pro Tools 10.