Rez is a virtual analog monosynth, with a highly resonant low pass filter, that is capable of a wide range of sounds, from funky squishes, beastly basses and screaming leads, to tight arpeggiations, atmospheres, bells, and interesting effects.
- Phrase arpeggiator.
- Sub oscillator.
- Detune (modulatable via aftertouch).
- Highly resonant low pass filter.
- Pulse width modulation.
- Dual Delay.
- Phaser (with velocity modulation).
- 3 LFOs.
- Host BPM Sync.
- MIDI CC control over most presets.
- 256 presets.
New in v3.0
- Updated tone - can be brighter and more aggressive than before, and capable of sounds earlier versions couldn't do.
- 16 step programmable arpeggiator with dedicated arp sequencers for gate length, cutoff, portamento, and phaser frequency.
- More arpeggiator playback options.
- Cutoff offset control - reduces the cutoff of one of the internal filters relative to the other to provide chewier, more vocal sounds when at high resonance.
- More aggressive distortion with three tone modes.
- Lo-Fi mode simultaneously adjusts the bit-rate and downsampling of chained bit-crusher modules.
- Age control - think increasingly unstable/noisy/broken oscillators, rather than the subtle drift of an old analog.
- Phase reset - when activated, the phase will snap back into alignment when the age and detune sliders both hit zero.
- Improved/expanded oscillator phase modulation options - in addition to the previous phase offset options, you can now also adjust the amount that the output of the main oscillator can modulate the phase of the sub-oscillator.
- Sub-oscillator octave adjustment.
- Delays now go up to 1/128.
- Delay modulation.
- Aftertouch modulation of both oscillator phase functions.
- Velocity support for the amp envelope.
- Pitch bend range adjustment.
- MIDI learn.
- Easier to see/use GUI (with two variations: yellow and black).
- 24 demo presets from Clockwork, Foundation, and Aurora.