For customers of the VIA Six-TRAC (VT1616 Codec) the VIA Stylus driver integrates that latest Sensaura technology to realize a new level of audio performance and functionality. Sensaura technology is designed to enhance the industry standard Microsoft DirectSound3D API, allowing game players to experience their games with high quality audio in three dimensions. Learn more about this exciting new driver and products featuring audio codecs which it supports here.
- These drivers are for all Microsoft Operating systems. Microsoft no longer provides driver certification for Win95/98/98SE/NT, however the driver still supports these operating systems - but there is no certification logo for these operating systems in the driver.
- This driver supports all VIA southbridges with integrated sound, including VT8231/VT82C686A/VT82C686B, VT8233/VT8233A/VT8233C/VT8235/VT8237.
- This driver supports the VIA Six-TRAC (VT1616 Codec)
- This driver supports DOS sound for VIA VT82C686A/VT82C686B/VT8231 southbridges only. The VIAAUDIO.COM file mentioned in the Readme concerning DOS sound can be obtained from this old audio driver package. It is no longer supplied in the ComboAudio package.
- This combination driver was first published on 24 June 2002. Prior to 24 June 2002, there was driver 74mu170a for VT8233/VT8233A/VT8233C and driver 68MU220b for VT686A, 686B & VT8321. The "combo" driver combines those two drivers into the one package and adds support for the new VT8235 southbridge. In addition, further improvements have been made in subsequent release. Please refer to the file under "installation instructions" in the table below for further information.
- The ComboAudio driver also supports OS/2.
- Package version v3.50b released on 23 April 2003 was the first version to include Sensaura technology for the VIA Six-TRAC (VT1616 Codec).