VSTHost is a demonstrational Windows program written in order to comprehend the inner workings of VST plugins. VSTHost is capable of:
- loading VST effects (aka "plugins")
- parameterizing / editing them
- sound output for VSTis
- MIDI-input and -output
- loading / saving .fxb files
The important part of the program is an implementation of a VST host in form of 2 classes:
This implements the audio callback needed by an effect plugin as a neatly encapsulated VST host class. This is practically platform-independent code. The few platform-specific things are encapsulated in...
This encapsulates a VST effect, as loaded by the VST host. This class isn't fully complete - since I don't have a Mac, I've only included the Windows code.
New in v1.53
- Reworked 32-bit version
- Faster loading
- PlugIn scans will not load bad plugins
- MIDI clock sending
- Improved the plugin menu bar and its controls
- Bugfix for the Auto Stereo options for mono plugins
- Improved .vstxml file capabilities
- Open manual from meny
- Improved MIDI parameter conversions
- Loads .kar MIDI files
- Added built-in PlugIns for common MIDI configuration tasks.
- Various bugfixes and internal changes.
- VST3-capable programs use VST SDK 3.5 instead of 3.1.
New in v1.47
- Can load 64-bit PlugIns in an x64 environment through direct JBridge support.
- Wave player supports auto-stereo mode for mono files.
- Lots of bug fixes and internal changes.