TERA is a modular software synthesizer based on five different synthesis technologies including the the revolutionary Spectrum synthesis. This new synthesis allows the creation and manipulation of resonant bodies with up to 128 (!) formant frequencies. The innovative user interface of VirSyn TERA sets a new standard in design and functionality. This extremely simplifies the access to the huge sound space of its predecessor.
The classical modulation matrix together with a simple method for patching modules with virtual cables makes operating the modular system of VirSyn TERA as easy as other synths with a fixed structure.
The integrated step sequencer is pattern/song oriented and can even be used in a VST host environment.
16 modular synths with up to 64 voices
- Virtual analog synthesis
- FM synthesis
- Physical modeling
- Spectrum synthesis
- Room simulator/Reverb
- Programmable Arpeggiator
- Live performance
New in v3.2.1
- New Multi envelope mode "free running" independent from note on/off.
- Distortion effect now stereo mode.
- Project load/save handling improved, program numbers no longer translated to 1..16.
- Improved VST 2.3 backwards compatibility ( Nuendo 3.2 ).
- Sonar 5: crash on MIDI program change.
- Tracktion 3: User interface problems fixed.
- Intel based Macs: Subdivision parameter not working.
- Intel based Macs: Overdrive effect type selection not working.
- Intel based Macs: Reverb effect broken.
- Intel based Macs: Master volume had no effect.
- Host projects transferred from Intel to PPC or vice versa lost global and mix settings.
- Arpeggiator sometimes eats notes.
- GUI sometimes showing wrong synth page.
- Crashes on playing samples with extremely short loop settings.
- ProTools: Detuning problem with samplerates other than 44,100 Hz.
- Multi-segment envelopes: delete/insert could lead to changing other envelopes.
- Mac: response to MIDI program change messages improved.
- Mac: no sound after project loading if multiple instances were used.
- Mac: Tooltip help didn't pop up.
- Mac standalone: Transport buttons not working correctly.
- Sonar: Arpeggio didn't stopped after sequencer stop.
- PC standalone: Occasional crashes on audio driver selection DirectX <-> ASIO.
- PC standalone: Sequencer start/stop with space key didn't work.
- GUI redraw no longer stopping when tooltip help is displayed.