Virtins Sound Card Instrument is a powerful PC based virtual instrument. It consists of a sound card real time oscilloscope, a sound card real time spectrum analyzer and a sound card signal generator, and can run them concurrently. Unlike most of the sound card oscilloscopes in the market which search trigger event after data collection, it features a specially designed data acquisition approach which is able to monitor the input signal continuously without missing any trigger event before the frame of data is collected. As a result, Virtins Sound Card Instrument boasts a very fast screen refresh rate (typically 15 frame per second) and thus a truly real time response. It supports sophisticated triggering method including pre-trigger and post-trigger which are generally missing from other sound card based instruments.
Virtins Sound Card Instrument features zooming and scrolling function and allocates most of the screen for data display, all of which are essential for you to exploring the fine details of the measurement data. In contrast, most of other sound card based instrument spent much precious screen space to simply mimic the panel of the conventional instrument.
Virtins Sound Card Instrument provides a comprehensive range of functions including wave form addition, wave form subtraction, Lissajous Pattern display, transient signal recording, RMS amplitude spectrum display, Relative amplitude spectrum display, phase spectrum display, auto correlation coefficient display, cross correlation coefficient display, function generation, arbitrary waveform generation, white noise and pink noise generation and sweep signal generation, etc.
Virtins Sound Card Instrument stores data in either standard WAV file or TXT file. It supports WAV file importing and BMP file exporting and printing.
New in this version:
- Fixed the negative phase difference problem in Signal Generator.
- Added "Invert input signal before performing any processing" check box in the display Setting dialog.
- Added Window "Tile Vertically" option in addition to the Window "Tile Horizontally" option.
- Added x50, x100, x200, x500, x1000 options for the horizontal zooming factor for spectrum analyzer.
- Added x500, x1000 options for the horizontal zooming factor for Oscilloscope.
- Added support for 192kHz sampling rate.
- Improved on the input validation in Signal Generator.
- Fixed the incompatibility problem of running Signal Generator under Windows 98 and 95.