Transparent compression action is a cornerstone for any mastering compressor. Transparency is necessary to preserve all existing elements in the mix, while compression itself is necessary to make the mix sound uniform to other mixes (tracks) and to make it sound more solid. Artistic dynamics adjustment also requires a high degree of transparency from the compressor. This allows the user to retain the original signal's clarity, while improving its dynamics.
Voxengo Polysquasher was designed with these things in mind. It offers a highly transparent compression performance and a high level of control, with only a minimum number of adjustable settings available at users' disposal. This makes it ideal for common mastering applications
- Transparent sound
- Real-time gain reduction scope
- Variable knee
- Three operation modes
- High-pass side chain
- "A-to-B" comparisons
- Factory presets
- Mono-to-Stereo, Stereo-to-Stereo processing
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz supported
- 64-bit internal precision
- Native assembler DSP code
Changes in v2.4
- The graphics frame now runs smoother.
- Plug-in's popup-windows now recover last position after reopening.
- Mouse backward and forward buttons can be used for parameter value selection.
- The "Min Infrastructure" user interface display mode added.
- The "Flat Level Meters" level meter display mode added.
- Version change history information window added.
- The input level meter can be dragged now for threshold adjustment.
- Native 64-bit AudioUnit and VST support on Mac OS X added.
- Volume level drop at the very start of processing fixed.