Voxformer is a multi-functional vocal channel strip plug-in. Combining several professional quality processing modules, Voxformer was designed to be a comprehensive solution for all your vocal processing needs – be it spoken or sung vocals.
One interesting feature of Voxformer is its one-knob vocal compressor. Using only a single knob, you can get a tight, open and definitive professional vocal sound with an excellent articulation in no time, according to Voxengo. You do not have to worry about common ratio and make-up gain controls since they are automatically selected by the advanced compression algorithm while attack and release parameters are stored in a mode preset. Moreover, Voxformer features two compressors of this type, allowing you to apply either a two-band or a two-stage (serial) vocal compression.
Voxformer also features a de-esser with selectable center frequency and threshold. Multi-band noise gate is available, which, in a manner similar to the compressor, was designed to bring ease of tuning while providing excellent sonic results. For those who like a saturated vocal sound, Voxformer implements a special module which applies a smooth saturation. Another useful feature Voxformer has to offer is the presence boosting module, which you can use to add some shine and space to the vocals.
Almost all of Voxformer's processing modules offer "mode editor" panels where you can fine-tune a specific module's operation. In most cases this allows you to use Voxformer for processing of a wide range of instruments beside vocals.
- Two built-in vocal compressors.
- Two-band compressor operation.
- Asymmetric compression.
- 5-band equalizer.
- Real-time FFT spectrum analyzer.
- Noise gate (de-breath) module.
- De-esser module.
- Presence boosting module.
- Saturation module.
- Multi-channel processing.
- Internal channel routing.
- Channel grouping.
- Mid/side processing.
- Up to 8x oversampling.
- 64-bit floating point processing.
- Preset manager.
- Undo/redo history.
- A/B comparisons.
- Contextual hint messages.
New in v2.8
- The EQ curve is now hidden when the equalizer is set to "Off".
- Spectrum mode presets are now shared between all Voxengo plug-ins.
New in v2.7
- Native 64-bit AudioUnit and VST support on Mac OS X added.
- Crossover frequency can be now set on the equalizer control surface.
New in v2.5
- The "Show All Channel Meters" routing switch added.
- Additional visual look variation settings added.
- Knobs in the compressor mode editor can now be linked with the Ctrl key.
- Smooth filter automation implemented.
- "Filled Spectrum" spectrum display mode switch added.
- Oversampling filter type "Min-phase/Lin-phase" switch added.
- Global "Auto Oversampling Level" 1X (off) option added.
- Control surface crosshair option added (can be switched off in the global options).
- De-esser pre-post compressor position switch added.
New in v2.4
- "Ctrl+Drag" narrow band sweeping implemented.
- DC filter parameters are now specified for all channel groups to avoid phasing problems.
- Smoothed spectrum display implemented.
- Secondary spectrum display implemented.
- Spectrum's block size does not affect vertical spectrum's position now.
- The "No Multi-Channel Operation" global switch was added that fixes incompatibility with some non-VST2.3 compliant VST hosts.