Awave Studio allows you to convert, edit, play or process a huge amount of audio, music & synthesizer formats (more than 290 different audio carrying file formats can be read!). Features include conversion, creation, editing, and emulation of synthesizer instruments, MIDI SDS and SCSI SMDI transfers, reading of non-Windows compatible AKAI, Kurzweil and Roland CD-ROM's, conversion of mobile phone ring signals, CD-ripping, simple MIDI editing, song playback incl. custom samples, batch conversion, and sound recording. Supported file formats are include synthesizers from Roland, Yamaha, AKAI, EMU, Korg, SampleCell, various trackers, mobile phones, et c. It is truly a must-have, multi-purpose, audio tool for musicians, audio engineers, and just about anyone that's into computer audio!
Here are a few examples:
- Do you have a strange audio file that you want to use but can’t figure out how to convert it into any sensible format that can be used by the other programs that you use? Maybe you even have a large number of files that you need to convert or process in some way? Chances are good that Awave Studio can help you!
- Are you a composer? Ever wanted to take advantage of all those free instruments found on the web but they're not in the format that you want? Or perhaps you have sample libraries that you’ve purchased for one synthesizer and now want to use them with another? Awave Studio can help!
- Ever wanted to play a MIDI song that comes with an ‘instrument bank’ that were created for another wavetable sound card than yours? Awave Studio cannot only make high quality conversions between the most of the major sound cards; it can also load both the actual MIDI song plus the instruments and play it directly for you! And that’s not the end of it - it can also write the song to a WAV file on disk for you!
- Need an instrument editor for your synthesizer or wavetable sound card? Or not satisfied with the one that you have? Try Awave Studio!
New in v10.6
- Added support for "key release" region triggers
- Added support for trigger selection of regions by the Sustain Pedal State
- Added support for "alternate" region triggers
- Shift-keys now acts as a sustain pedal
- Awave Software synthesizer improved
- Improved stability of "MIDI to Wave" rendering
- Support for Dialogic .Vox files
- Various other bugfixes
New in v10.5
- Added an "I/O->Read Ensoniq CD" command to read files from Ensoniq EPS 16+ and Ensoniq ASR-10 CD-ROM's.
- Added support for writing Yamaha Tyros 3 drum-kits (.UVD).
- Added limited support for reading Cakewalk SFZ format version 2.
- Added support for reading and writing Westacott WinRanX Instrument Files (.WRF).
- Added support for reading & writing Korg M3 samples (.KSF), keymaps (.KMP) and scripts files (.KSC).
New in v10.4
- Added support for reading and writing Yamaha EX5 files (.S1V,.S1M,.S1A).
- Added support for writing (in addition to reading) Yamaha Tyros 2 and Tyros 3 files (.TVN,.UVN).
- Added support for reading Yamaha Motif XF all/voice/wave files (.X3A,.X3V,.X3W).
- Added beta-support support for writing Yamaha Motif XS and Motif XF voice and wave files (.X0V,.X0W,.X3V,.X2W). This hasn't been fully tested yet, so feedback is appreciated.
- Added support for reading and writing Logic EXS24 files (.EXS). NB; only basic parameters are converted - LFOs, envelopes etc., are currently ignored.
- Added support for reading audio data from Matroska container format files (.MKV and.MKA). Currently the following audio codecs are supported: MPEG, AAC, Ogg, and PCM.
- Added support for reading songs from Cakewalk/Sonar work files (.WRK). This includes support for associated SoundFont files and for SysEx banks with Yamaha DX-series or Roland MT-32 instruments.
- Improved conversion of Kurzweil files (.KRZ,.K25).
- Added support for writing AKAI S900/S950 sample files.
- Added support for reading Ensoniq Mirage floppy disk images (.EDM). As these can not be reliably auto-detected, you must use a file extension of.EDM. NB; envelopes are not converted, and the pitch can be a bit shaky...
- Resampling of waveforms is now up to 8x faster.
- Added a "Compact MIDI file size" function to the "MIDI processing wizard", allowing removal of duplicate/unnecessary MIDI messages, and optional replacement of Note-Off with zero-velocity Note-On (which saves a Byte whenever the previous message is a Note-On on the same channel).
- Added an "Auto-detect and fix phase inversion" option to the "Convert to mono" function in the "Audio processing wizard".
- The MIDI track editor now allows multi-selection, so that you can delete more than one event in one go.
- When reading rare "format 2" MIDI files, each "pattern track" is now automatically converted into a separate format 0 songs.
- Added support for reading several "raw Adlib / OPL register capture" formats (with conversion of both song and instrument data):
- DOSBox Raw OPL format v1 & v2 (.DRO files).
- Rdos Raw OPL capture format (.RAW files).
- id Software Music Format (.IMF &.WLF files).
- Reading & writing Monkeys Audio files (.APE) now requires the external file MACDLL.dll (included in the latest codec pack).
- Added support for reading.WAV files containing Ogg Vorbis format compressed audio.
- Added support for reading 2/2.67/4-bit SoundBlaster/Creative Labs ADPCM compression from.VOC files.
- Added support for reading rare "non-seekeable".OGG files.
New in v10.3
- Added support for reading Yamaha Motif XS files (.X0A/.X0V/.X0W), with fairly complete conversion of the more important articulation parameters.
- Added support for reading Yamaha Tyros 3 files (.UVN). Also improved the conversions of Tyros 2 files (.TVN). For both formats, there's now experimental support for conversion of envelope, LFO and filter parameters.
- Added support for reading and writing Musepack (.MPC) compressed files (SV7 and SV8 types supported for reading, only SV8 for writing).
- Added support for reading and writing Shorten (.SHN) lossless compressed files.
- Added support for reading Korg Triton LE bank files (.PCG).
- Added support reading "MIDI Converter Studio" packed Sound Fonts (.SF2PACK).
- Much improved support for reading Roland song sequencer files (.SVQ). New is support for v2 and v3 files, files with >64KB of note data, files using an alternate tempo indication, and conversion of key signature meta data.
- Fixed several problems with conversions of AKAI MPC-series program files (.PGM). Also added translation of more parameters for these formats.
- Added experimental support for encoding and decoding KAWAI R50/R50E/R50III/R100 ROM-dumps (.KAWAI12 files). These are assumed to contain 12-bit nonlinear (DAT Long play format) audio, zero-padded to 16-bits in the files.
- Added support for reading audio from "AVI v2" files (.AVI) that use index lists.
- The "file types" tab in the options dialog has been removed as it has been deprecated. In its place it now supports the Windows "Default programs" and "Open with" features (Vista/7 only).
- The file open dialog is now resizable.
- Added an 4s pause (8s if "slow dev." is selected) between waveforms when using the "Send all" command in the "MIDI SDS transmit" dialog, allowing synths some breathing space between waves.
- The "Set parameters for all items" function in the "Instrument processing wizard" has been split into two: "Set region/wave parameters for all items" and "Set articulation parameters for all items". New options have been added to set the following parameters: "default pan pos", "default chors mix", "filter type", "filter resonance", "LFO1 to Volume", and "LFO2 to Pitch".
- Now correctly handles UTF-8 encoding of text meta data (in addition to Latin-1, Windows 1252 and UTF-16).