dirtbox is a parallel compressor / distortion effect for adding filthy fatness to your sounds, especially drums.
- Added bouncy fatness by mixing the dry uncompressed signal and the wet compressed signal.
- 4 flavours of gritty crunchy dirrrtyness, made to an old family recipe.
- Compressor controls (can be turned off):
- Threshold & Gain are in dB, attack & release are in ms, ratio is x:1.
- Oomph adds the dry signal onto the wet, to get that NY parallel compression sound.
- Dirt controls (you can turn each dirtifier on/off):
- Crush reduces bit rate and sample rate as you increase the knob setting.
- Distortion and drive are self limiting, as you increase the setting, the volume is roughly maintained.
- Ring modulation can be added using any of the 4 waveforms, sine, saw, triangle or square.
- The mix control is for the dirt section only, and controls the wet/dry level of those effects selected.
- MIDI learn: all knobs and buttons have MIDI CC support and MIDI learn.
Proudly sponsored by