easy beat is a music authoring program for the Macintosh. It uses the QuickTime Music Architecture (QTMA) to play songs. You don't need extra hardware or software to play songs with easy beat. If you have a MIDI adapter and an external synthesizer, you can take advantage of your special hardware, too.
- Up to 16 song tracks plus a metronome track
- Multiple views of individual tracks: score, keyboard, TAB, drum, chord and controller views
- Export to GarageBand.
- Internet search for MIDI files
- Tempo controller
- MIDI import and export as well as export to QuickTime movies and AIFF files
- Can use all instruments provided by QuickTime and/or an external synthesizer
- Compatible with Roland's GS and Yamaha's XG standards
- WYSIWYG editing with a simple modeless point-and-click user interface
- Background music (play songs while you edit them or do something else)
- Real-time recording (requires a MIDI adapter and a MIDI instrument)
- High-quality score printing with on-screen preview
- Stylistic variations (shuffle, delay, emphasis, arpeggio and simulation of human musicians)
New in v2.2.1
- Fixed a crash when attempting to print on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger).
- Fixed compatibility problems with Default Folder and Menu Master.
- Fixed a problem that caused crashes during startup on some system configurations.
- Fixed a problem that reduced the volume of tracks with low reverb settings.