The impOSCar2 is a VST Plugin emulation of the classic British synth the OSCar.
The impOSCar2 is the successor to the first Gforce impOSCar software synthesizer. It is built around the feedback of musicians, programmers and producers that used the original version.
Features of impOSCar2 at a glance
Effects version - Use the impOSCar2 in processing other audio and use them as samples.
Multiple Unision Modes - Utilizing the many Mono and Poly Unison modes and controls allows for creating screaming Unison Leads right up to huge 8 Voice Poly Unison stacks with 16 note polyphony.
Comprehensive Arpeggiator - impOSCar2 has an improved Arpeggiator which adds in a Pitch/Play mode for pitch or note orders, with Octave Shift selection.
Chord Memory - Play a chord, impOSCar2 will memorize it and then transpose that chord across the keys.
Polyphonic and channel aftertouch - for added dynamics and expression in conjunction with velocity controls.
Patch Library and Management - allows easier loading, saving and editing of patches, and now has an improved huge collection of built in patches.
Three User Interface Sizes - view the interface in different pixel width versions: 1600, 1024 and 840.
Synthesis features - additive and subtractive synthesis types were added plus other additions.
Ring modulation - A two-mode ring modulator is now found in the mix section
Additional LFO modes - A completely new Aux Mod section has been added.
In case you missed it - here are the details of the original version:
The impOSCar is an emulation of the classic British synth the OSCar, faithfully recreating all the features of the original hardware synthesiser, plus adding some notable new features of its own.
The impOSCar is capable of loading original sounds via sysex and tape (via WAV files) and adds additional features such as a fully polyphonic mode, keyboard velocity responses and additional filter modes.
- Mono, duo and 4 polyphonic modes
- 2 Oscillators, 13 Waveforms
- Programmable Additive Wave Matrix
- Unique filter section: 9 filter types with Drive, Cutoff, Q and Separation19
- Two Envelope Generators
- Mono, duo and polyphonic
- 5 Keyboard Triggering modes
- Extensive LFO section with sync
- 6 portamento modes
- Powerful Effects section
- Programmable Velocity responses
- MIDI Learn with storable CC maps
- A vast range of sonic possibilities
- Retractable keyboard
- 500+ Patch library. Including sounds from many original OSCar users including Billy Currie (Ultravox), Mark Moore (S-Express) Rick Smith (Underworld), Lee Groves (Basement Jaxx, Terminalhead), Tim Dorney (Republica) and Paul Wiffen, original OSCar sound designer and OSCar programmer to Stevie Wonder & Jean Michel Jarre.