The impOSCar2 is a VST/AU Plugin emulation of the classic British synth the OSCar.
The impOSCar2 is the successor to the first Gforce impOSCar software synthesizer. It is built around the feedback of programmers, musicians and producers that used the first version.
Features of impOSCar2 at a glance
Effects version - Allows the use of impOSCar2 in processing other audio as samples.
Comprehensive Arpeggiator - impOSCar2 has an enhanced Arpeggiator which adds in a Play/Pitch for pitch or note orders, with Octave Shift selection.
Multiple Unision Modes - Utilizing the many Poly and Mono Unison modes and controls allows for creating screaming Unison Leads right up to huge 8 Voice Poly Unison stacks with 16 note polyphony.
Chord Memory - Users can now play a chord, impOSCar2 will memorize it and then transpose that specific chord across the keys.
Additional LFO modes - A completely new Aux Mod section has been added.
Patch Library and Management - allows for easier loading, saving and editing of patches, and now has an increased collection of built in patches.
Three User Interface Sizes - different pixel width views: 1600, 1024 and 840.
Synthesis features - aside from additive and subtractive synthesis types there are other additions.
Ring modulation - A two-mode ring modulator is now found in the mix section
Polyphonic and channel aftertouch - for added expression and dynamics, works with velocity controls.
In case you missed it - here are the details of the original version:
The impOSCar is an emulation of the classic British synth the OSCar, faithfully recreating all the features of the original hardware synthesiser, plus adding some notable new features of its own.
The impOSCar is capable of loading original sounds via sysex and tape (via WAV files) and adds additional features such as a fully polyphonic mode, keyboard velocity responses and additional filter modes.
- Mono, duo and 4 polyphonic modes
- 2 Oscillators, 13 Waveforms
- Programmable Additive Wave Matrix
- Unique filter section: 9 filter types with Drive, Cutoff, Q and Separation19
- Two Envelope Generators
- Mono, duo and polyphonic
- 5 Keyboard Triggering modes
- Extensive LFO section with sync
- 6 portamento modes
- Powerful Effects section
- Programmable Velocity responses
- MIDI Learn with storable CC maps
- A vast range of sonic possibilities
- Retractable keyboard
- 500+ Patch library. Including sounds from many original OSCar users including Billy Currie (Ultravox), Mark Moore (S-Express) Rick Smith (Underworld), Lee Groves (Basement Jaxx, Terminalhead), Tim Dorney (Republica) and Paul Wiffen, original OSCar sound designer and OSCar programmer to Stevie Wonder & Jean Michel Jarre.