n-Track Studio is an Audio & MIDI Digital Multitrack Recorder that transforms your PC into a powerful audio recording studio. You can record, playback, overdub just like with a tape multitrack recorder, but you can exploit the flexibility and power of today's PCs for applying effects, realtime input processing, automated aux channels sends and returns, destructive and non-destructive wave editing. The program supports 24bit-192 khz recording, multiple channels soundcards, live input processing, mp3 encoding and much more.
Special Notes for the Macintosh version:
- Supports VST, VST3, AU effects and instruments
- Supports 32 bit and 64 bit Rewire devices
- Includes the n-Track Graphic EQ, n-Track Multiband Compressor, n-Track Tempo Delay, nVocal, n-Track Multitap Delay and n-Track Strings plug-ins, track EQ with Spectrum Analyzer and guitar tuner
- Available in both 32 bit and 64 bit formats (both versions are automatically installed)
- Mp3, m4a, ogg, wav and aiff file import and export
- You can exchange songs and tracks with the Windows and iOS versions of n-Track
- The same registration codes work for both the Windows and Mac versions, purchase once and register it on all of your computers
- n-Track works with Windows, Mac and iOS devices
DAW Controller Reviews
New in v2.0.7
- 3D frequency spectrum view: watch the frequency spectrum in the 3D space, rotate it and see frequency waves coming towards you as you play. Requires Mac OSX or Windows Vista or later with Direct11 [New Feature]
- Sonogram view: watch how the frequency spectrum changes over time [New Feature]
- Decreased CPU usage when using multichannel instrument plugins [New Feature]
- Improved instrument Tuner, new button to open it on the lower toolbar [New Feature]
- New nEfx Phaser effect [New Feature]
- Support for the Leap Controller: start/stop playback and recording and to navigate the 3D spectrum view [New Feature]
New in v2.0
- Improved compatibility with VST3 plugins
- Better compatibility with Melodyne, Jamstix, Waves and other VST2.x plugins
- Faster installer
- nEfx Tube distortion and compressor with side-chain input
- Various bugfixes
- Better Timeline interface
- Cursor/selection/loop markers in the time axis.
- 32 to 64 bit bridge working
- Optional Sandbox plugin feature
- Seamless looping of time selection
New in v1.1.6
- Bug Fix for copy paste in Pianoroll window
- Bug Fix for contextual menu in Pianoroll window
- All popup windows remain on top of main window, and disappear when a different application is selected
New in v1.1.2
- Added Reverb, Compressor, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Pitch Shift and Tremolo plugins
- Tool-tips texts for buttons and user interface elements
- Effects list box on mixer strips shows vertical scrollbar when effects don't fit into the list box
- Improveed timeline and piano-roll display
- Playback improvements via the triangle icon
- Cmd+Click on top of waveforms to move the position of playback cursor
- Settings moved to upper left corner of timeline window
- Grid on/off
- Metronome and Loop on/off buttons moved to transport toolbar
- Many more bugfixes and tweaks as detailed in the n-Track Changelog
New in v1.0.1
- Alt+Right/Left cursor keyboard shortcut to increase/decrease song speed/scrub [New Feature]
- Alt+Spacebar shortcut to reverse playback direction [New Feature]
- Fixed rare problem opening some multichannel audio devices [Bug Fix]
- Fixed glitches in docked windows layout [Bug Fix]
- Fixed crashes with some multichannel audio devices [Bug Fix]
- Fixed sometimes not recording from all available channels of multichannel audio devices [Bug Fix]
- Fixed crash when adding additional audio devices using the + button on level meter windows (now disabled, multiple devices are supported via OSX aggregate audio device feature) [Bug Fix]
- Fixed Output to new group channel option not appearing in a group channel's output menu [Bug Fix]
- Fixed program freezing when playback in reverse direction reached song start [Bug Fix]
- Fixed rare case where waveforms for certain .aif files were displayed incorrectly [Bug Fix]
- Minor windows layout/docking bugs fixes [Bug Fix]
- Improved stability in docking and undocking of windows [Bug Fix]
- Fixed rare crash when first starting the program and the default system default audio device is multichannel [Bug Fix]
New in v1.0.0
- Now Supports VST, VST3, AU effects and instruments
- Fixed scan of VST plugins hanging when iZotope Ozone 4 was installed [Bug Fix]
- Fixed some AU plugins incorrectly showing generic properties window instead of plugin's own. [Bug Fix]
- Fixed VST 2.x plugins not correctly refreshing properties window [Bug Fix]
- Fixed rare crash when reopening a docked window. [Bug Fix]
- Fixed a crash when opening the grid dialog, closing it and opening it again. [Bug Fix]
- Fixed editing history and plugins browser windows not having window captions when docked [Bug Fix]
- Fixed closing program with red X upper left button sometimes causing program to crash or infinite loop of "Save song?" prompt [Bug Fix]
New in v0.9.8
- Launch external wave editor to edit track .wav files [Ported Feature]
- Fixed problems restoring position when closing and reopening docked windows [Bug Fix]
- Function to recover audio data from corrupted wavefiles [Ported Feature]
New in v0.9.5
- Timeline vertical scrollbar with zoom handles [New Feature]
- Improved docking of multiple windows per docked row/column [Improvement]
- Scrollbar in VST/AU generic properties window when number of effects parameters doesn't fit into a single box [New Feature]
New in v0.9.4
- Support for ReWire, 32 and 64 bit [Ported Feature]
- Faster docking, undocking of windows [Improvement]
- Transport toolbar can now be docked at the bottom of the screen using all available screen width [New Feature]
New in v0.9.2
- Option to show 'generic' parameter/value user interface for VST and AU plugins, even if they have their native interface [New Feature]
- Fixed incorrect record date in broadcast Wavefile information on recorded .wav files [Bug Fix]
- Fixed after Close Song playback cursor disappeared [Bug Fix]
- Various glitches/crashes related to docking/undocking windows [Bug Fix]
- Fixed closing and reopening transport window caused crash [Bug Fix]
- Fixed closing EQ/spectrum window caused crash [Bug Fix]
- Fixed graphic glitches/flashing when opening AU and VST plug-in windows [Bug Fix]
- Fixed AU plugins and instruments not appearing on Effects Browser window [Bug Fix]
- Fixed time offset bar flickering during program startup [Bug Fix]
- Fixed graphic glitches closing the program [Bug Fix]
New in v0.9.0
- Skin loading and saving, importing and exporting [Ported feature].
- Font selection in skin box [Ported feature].
- Track color selection in timeline popup menu [Ported feature].
- Crossfade settings box [Ported feature].
- Button to close window when docked [Ported feature].
- Fixed entering text in offset, length and indent fields in track properties box often didn't have effect [Bug Fix].
- Fixed when two parts are overlapped and crossfaded the crossfade envelope would have graphical glitches [Bug Fix].
- Fixed Splice with no selected track having no effect instead of being applied to all tracks [Bug Fix].
- Fixed Live button sometimes appearing off when the Live input processing was instead active [Bug Fix].
- Fixed crash selecting Mixer from track popup menu [Bug Fix].
New since v0.7.0
- nVocal plugin [Ported Feature]
- Fixed rec vumeter and Live didn't restart after changing sampling freq. in Preferencex box [Bug Fix]
- Fixed 'Audio driver didn't accept sampling frequency' error appearing sometimes after changing sampling freq. [Bug Fix]
- Fixed main menu disappeared when opening a packed song file (sgw) [Bug Fix]
- Del (or Fn+Backspace) key delete selected parts/tracks [Ported Feature]
- Fixed choppy playback at very low buffer sizes when having EQ+Spectrum analyzer window open [Bug Fix]
- Fixed waveforms while recording at high zoom levels appears corrupt [Bug Fix]
- Fixed program freezing during mixdown with certain buffering settings [Bug Fix]
- Fixed Piano Roll graphics becoming corrupt after a few minutes of editing [Bug Fix]
- Fixed Command+0 (Clear selection) / Command+1 (Import audio file) shortcuts not working [Bug Fix]
- Fixed Command+solo/mute buttons to toggle mute/solo of all tracks not working [Bug Fix]
- Fixed dragging from Efx browser not working on 64 bit Mac version [Bug Fix]
- Fixed Add Effect -> Customize box not showing Favorite Effects box on 64 bit Mac version [Bug Fix]
- Draggin effects between channels now results in copying the effect when Alt/Option is held and otherwise moving the effect [Improvement]
- Drag and drop from/to effect list box allows to clone effects to other channels [New Feature]
- Fixed crash on Mac 64 bit when opening the Add Effect/Customize... box [Bug Fix]
- Fixed auto-zoom of timeline window when 'View all song' toolbar button is active [Bug Fix]
- Fixed right clicking on audio waveform and selecting Properties command opened just "Track properties" and not also the lower "Part properties" pane [Bug Fix]
- Selection of drawing of Velocity/Controllers/Pitch bend in the lower Piano Roll pane [Ported Feature]
New in v0.7.0
- New Feature: More flexible import/export of MIDI tracks (support for MIDI type 0 files).
- New Feature: Pianoroll graphical and usability improvements.
- New Feature: Now fully supports AU plugins (32 and 64 bit, multichannel, automation).
- New Feature: Metronome, Big Time, EQ presets implemented on Mac.
- Improvement: The Guitar Tuner (EQ window -> right click and select Tuner from popup menu) is now more accurate.
- Improvement: Fixed extra empty tracks created when dragging parts.
- Bug Fix: Fixed changing song sampling frequency sporadically not working (resulting in playback at incorrect speed) with ASIO drivers of EMU and Line6 USB devices.
New in v0.5.0:
- Source code in sync between Windows and Mac versions
- fixed toolbar buttons getting messed up after opening pianoroll window, then closing and reloading n-Track [Bug Fix]
- Fixed crash adding track send clicking on + button on track mixer strip, then moving mouse away from mixer window [Bug Fix]
- Fixed rec assign but ton on recording meter not showing popup menu [Bug Fix]
- Safer (bigger) audio buffering in default configuration [Bug Fix]
- Fixed effects browser glitches on OSX Leopard 10.5.x [Bug Fix]