Noatikl is a powerful, easy to use generative music tool that helps you come up with new musical ideas - and your own generative music.
It uses techniques developed over the last 17 years through our work on the award-winning Koan generative music system, techniques now used in the all-new and superior "Noatikl".
Use Noatikl to:
- Generate new musical ideas
- Break composer's block
- Augment an existing musical work
- Create ambient sound tracks
- Experiment with generative music systems
- Noodle with music sculptures
- Use in generative music installations
- Generatively change synth, FX and sampler settings
- Build your own hyperinstrument
- Get creative with scripting
- Simply have fun creating music!
Noatikl is a generative (MIDI) music engine. Using various algorithms and rules it creates musical information in the form of MIDI notes, and can also generate and send MIDI controller information to generatively control settings of your favourite synths, FX units and samplers.
Changes in v2.2.4
- Template Previewing with improved merging into piece
- Improved Network view
- Fixes issue where Noatikl sometimes doubled-up Note Off events
- Updated splash/copyright
Maintenance update v2.1.5
- BugFix for initial patch change MIDI events bug
- Bugfix for online help links from FX and Sound Generator units
Maintenance update v2.0.7
- BugFix for issue with saving new files.
- BugFix for MIDI Output setting or MIDI Input settings
- Enhanced Amplifier FX unit now works logarithmically from 0 and -20 db (0.1x) to +20 dB (10.0x) instead of working linearly from 0.0 to 4.0x
- Various Other bugfixes
New in v2.05.2
- Bufix for not getting the tempo from the host DAW/sequencer.
- Bufix for not issue that Noatikl wasn't restoring the MIDI Output setting or MIDI Input setting
New in v2.04.1
- Bufix for crash when resizing under Windows XP
- Standalone desktop versions now run at 44 kHz (was 22 kHz) on desktop
- Volume envelope attack stage changed to exponential (was linear)
- Various other bug fixes
New in v2.0
- Integrated Partikl multisynth & modular synth/fx network
- New main Noatikl Network editor view
- Built-in templates from Mixtikl
- Supports playing partikl:// and noatikl:// URLs:
- New Menu options
- Various minor changes
- New: Added File Export/Import menu items: export/import Noatikl files via the clipboard (very useful for Mixtikl users.).
- New: Universal 64-bit AU/VSTi for Mac (used to be only 32-bit).
- Fixed: Stability problems with AU/VSTi (Mac/Win); tested with Reaper, Logic, Live, GarageBand.
- Improvements: reports the OS, variant and number of bits in the Help -> About screen.