Blue Cat's Protector is a stereo brickwall limiter plug-in in DirectX and VST formats for Windows. This new plug-in offers very few controls and yet provides a large palette of sounds: from very transparent limiting to hard digital clipping or soft analogue saturation, it can be used as a master limiter, loudness maximizer or distortion unit.
- 0 dB stereo brickwall peak limiter and waveshaper.
- Continuous control of the dynamics response from transparent limiting to colorful distortion.
- Stereo link control.
- Large audio levels and gain reduction meters for optimal monitoring.
- Side chaining capability: a unique way to perform side chain compression and much more.
- Plugin window transparency management.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Import/Export presets and share them between the directX and VST versions.
- Zero latency.
New in v2.0
- Smaller Binaries on Mac
- Fixed presets-related crashes in Cubase on Mac.
- Fixed user interface display issues in Wavelab on Mac.
- Fixed MIDI output for 64-bit VST version.
- New customizable interface
- New I/O RMS meters
- Gain reduction history display
- Zoom into meters for precision
- Average loudness boost meter
- Integrated presets manager with more presets
- DC filter added
- Customizable Automation range and response curve
- Accessible Automation and MIDI settings
- Better algorithms for limiter precision
- Easier side chaining
- Shortened display name and is now in Dynamics category in ProTools
- Improved CPU performance and loading time
New in v1.2
- RTAS plugin format support for Pro Tools (Mac and Windows).
- Mac AU 64-bit format support (compatible with 64-bit Logic 9.1 on Snow Leopard)
- Space bar does not trigger plug-in buttons anymore (avoids conflict with transport control in most applications).
- Demo version now displays a nag screen only once per session, and only when opening the user interface of the plug-in.
- Fixed MIDI learn issues.
- Mac: fixed user interface crashes in some hosts under Snow Leopard.
- Mac: fixed keyboard/mouse focus issues in some hosts.
- Mac: fixed multiple screens issue.
- Mac-AU: fixed user interface resizing issue when changing skin in some hosts (Logic).
- Mac-AU: fixed settings lost issue when doing offline rendering in some applications.
- Mac AU: output parameters routing now works for more than one instance in Logic Pro's Environment.
- Mac AU: fixed output parameters that could exceed defined range and not record properly as automation curves.