|Software Music Machine Archive||
Solo provides you with a fun and easy way to play guitar that you can take anywhere with your Android powered mobile phone.
- Solo carries a number of different guitars which includes acoustic, classical and electric guitars. Each guitar has its own unique sound.
- The app has a huge integrated chord library with more than 380 unique chords. It displays finger positions for the chords in natural, flat or sharp configurations. This can be used as a reference when playing a real guitar (it also plays a sample of what each chord should sound like), and to customize your chord layout visible on the main screen. Chord layouts can be saved and loaded for future use.
- Load and save chord layouts for your favorite songs.
- Play along with music from your phone! Solo will search your phone for music tracks and allow you to play along with the selected track playing in the background.
- Lyric overlays allow you to search the web for lyrics and chords for almost any song, and displays the lyrics as a semi-transparent overlay on top of the guitar. This is a great way to learn how to play new songs.
- Solo supports multi touch for phones running Android 2.0 or higher, making strumming and chord changing even easier.
- A variety of interface tweaks are supported, allowing you to customize the app to a playing style that best suits you.
- Solo is updated regularly, with many new features added since it originally came to the Android Market.
Read the Solo review on GuitarSite.com
T-Mobile advert for the Fender MyTouch 3G phone, which comes preloaded with a special edition of Solo:
There is also a cut-down free version called Solo Lite
Changes in v1.50
- New 12 string electric guitar added
- Better sounding classical guitar
- Variable strum volume (play louder on bottom than top of screen)
- Restore original media volume on exit
- Bug and crash fixes as usual
Changes in v1.49
- Bugfix for crash on startup on some devices
- Bugfix for multi-touch not working on some devices
- More performance improvements on Android 4 devices
- More occasional crash bugs fixed
Changes in v1.46
- Fixed broken update progress
- Improved lyrics overlay
- Solo Lite can now earn full version features with GetJar Rewards
Changes in v1.45
- Added visual feedback when playing frets
- Fixed possible crash bug when strumming