Joined: 16 Apr 2009
|Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:46 pm Post subject: software decision- know exactly what i need...
I've been struggling to find a software that is right for my needs and within my price range. I have a Mac. I currently have Reason 4, which acts as my software for creating original instrumentals. What I like to do additionally is create remixes (layered original instrumentals over an acapella), and furthermore, I like to do in-studio mixshows of modern music. Garageband, Audacity, Ardour, and Peak LE do not make the cut as far as I've experimented.
A software close to the Windows-compatible Sony Acid Pro would be perfect. It was EXACTLY what I needed.... when I had a PC.
- Multi-track audio interface with the basic audio manipulation tools and effect controls (run of the mill stuff like fade, EQ, automation, etc.)
- Ability to sync with Propellerhead Reason (4.0)
- Simple loop creation if possible. Sony Acid's beat recognition software allowed for this to happen really easily.
- Allows for mid-project tempo changes
- Allows for setting BPM of the imported audio files themselves or has an easy route to creating tempo adjustments to the separate audio files within the project.
- Allows for time warp of audio (tempo change without changing pitch)
- Within the $300 price range of Sony Acid Pro ($400 or less)
Really appreciate any suggestions.