Forum Home :: Shareware Music Machine Home     
Music Software Discussion Home

:: Register :: Log in :: Archive :: Old Forum :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages

I am new to this also.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hitsquad Music Software Discussion Forum Index -> Music Software Discussion and Help
ernestholsen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: I am new to this also. Reply with quote

I have both Mac and PC.

On the Mac I have installed Logic Pro and Sibelius 7.

On the PC I have installed Sibelius 7.

I have 2 USB keyboards, an Axis 49 harmonic and a Korg Microkey.

I am still a rank beginner on both software packages, and to music composition.

My problem is that I would like a simplified equivalent to Logic Pro on my Win 7 PC so that I can hook up my key boards to the PC and play them live and to do simple recording and then pass an output file to Logic Pro.

As I scan the packages that are available out there, I just get confused because I am not fluent in the lingo or the control concepts.

Can anybody provide me with some recomendations? I understand that Ableton is an equivalent to Logic Pro. Does Ableton lite do what I wish, which is provide an interface to my keyboards in live and recorded modes?

I am open to other suggestions. I just need something simple at the moment while I slowly learn Logic Pro and Sibelius. For all I know at the moment, Sibelius may provide that kind of live interface, but at the moment I am under the impression that it will only play back from the written score.

Thank You

Ernest

Confused Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hitsquad Music Software Discussion Forum Index -> Music Software Discussion and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Can't post? Make sure you Register or log in.

Forum Home :: Archive :: Old Forum :: Shareware Music Machine Home :: Latest Software :: Win Software :: Mac Software :: Linux Software :: Guitar Site