ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) aims to deliver top quality sound at a competitive price. The selection of modules and clear layout make ACE the ideal instrument for newcomers delving into the fascinating world of modular synthesis. The number of ways to connect modules together is practically infinite, and you will soon discover how much more fun it is to make your own sounds in ACE than in a non-modular synthesizer, according to u-he.
ACE may seem underspec'ed judging from its raw feature list, but bear in mind that virtually everything can be plugged into everything else. You can plug an LFO into a Filter and from there use it as a source for FM.
- 2 x LFO (1 sine, 1 sine/tri/saw/sqr) 0Hz - 20kHz.
- 2 x ADSR (same as Bazille).
- 2 x VCO (saw/PWM) 0Hz - 20kHz, VCO1 with SubOsc.
- 2 x VCF (two variable outlets each: LP1/LP2/LP3/LP4, HP/BP/BR).
- 2 x VCA/Pan.
- 2 x Multiples (as in Bazille).
- 1 x Mixer (Osc balance, Sub, Noise, Aux).
- 1 x Ramp Generator (up->hold->down->rest, loops if rest < 100).
- 1 x Mapping Generator (creates variable values for each note or key, can be used as custom waveform for LFO2).
- 1 x noise (white, pink).
- 1 x the common extras, such as Glide/Glide2.
- 1 x stereo chorus (global).
- 1 x ping pong delay (global).
- 1 x Bass/Treble booster (global).
New in v1.2
- Supported formats now include VST3 and 64-bit VST2
- New installers with improved support for new OS - Windows 7/8 and OS X Mountain Lion.
- Various other bugs fixed
New in v1.1
- Native 64-bit support for AU.
- Extra factory presets by Howard Scarr.
- Improved compatibility of RTAS (Mac) version, supports "3-finger salute" automation.
- Adds Cocoa view to AU version.