|Software Music Machine Archive||
AP Tuner is a highly accurate and responsive instrument tuner developed for use with a computer. Care has been taken to make the software as simple and functional as possible. Even with this goal in mind there are some areas that need extra explanation and detail to use the tuner to its full potential. The latest version supports an improved detection algorithm for low notes for bass and piano. The application can now handle custom temperament and stretch tables. Finally a new "Harmonics Graph" window has been added to visualize harmonic content over time.
Quick Start Guide
- Start tuner application (tuner.exe). Plug the microphone into the microphone input on the sound card. Launch the Recording Control Application (menu: Recording | Windows Recording Control). Select the microphone as the input control and adjust the volume slider for the microphone to maximum volume. Close the Recording Control Application window.
- In the tuner application the main window shows the Energy Indicator on the left side which displays the current volume of the recording device. When playing the instrument near the microphone, the audio level should rise.
- Left click on the energy indicator to select the minimum level that the tuner will use to start note detection. This should be slightly lower than the volume shown when the instrument is played at normal loudness.
- Now that the tuner is properly setup to detect notes, play a note on your instrument. The tuner will track this note until the volume goes below the minmum level. The text under “Note” will show the closest half step to the note detected. The number under “Cents” will show the number of cents away from the closest half step. The center window will display the current note played and its cent deviation as text and as a needle.
- You are now ready to tune your instrument!
Main tuner window
- Energy Indicator : Energy level of the current sound card input
- Note detected : Latest note detected displayed as the closest half step
- Cent offset text : Cents off from closest half step shown in textual form
- Cent offset needle : Cents off from closest half step shown in graphical form
- Global Tuning Indicator: Note shown with respect to a set of notes called "Note Presets"
Acoustic Guitar Tuners