Ableton Suite is the XL version of Ableton Live. Suite 8 gives Windows users all the Live 8 features plus SOUND, and also includes a Library packed of new sounds and useful resources.
Contained within Suite 8 are 10 Ableton instruments including electric and acoustic drums, synths, mallets, a sampler, numerous sampled instruments and the reworked Operator. The last two instruments to complete the set are the Latin Percussion and Collision. Ableton Suite 8 is a complete package, giving users access to both the tools AND the actual sounds.
- Up to 32-bit/192 kHz of multitrack recording
- Unlimited undo and nondestructive editing
- MIDI sequencing of hardware and software instruments
- Real-time time-stretching and warping
- 1600 sounds, each with it's own control options included in the library
- Built-in MIDI and audio effects
- A range of software instruments
- Manage complex setups with Instrument Racks
- For intuitive and responsive beat-making, users can use the Drum Racks
- Professional-grade Effect Racks for creative sound processing, mixing and mastering
- Extract and apply grooves in real time with the new Groove Engine
- Basic Construction kits are available with phrases and loops in a number of genres
- 1000s of single-device presets: components for exploring synthesis and making new sounds
- Contains a set of real world object recordings from Sound Objects Lite made by SonArte
- Pre-configured tracks and routing within Song templates
- Supports WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis and FLAC files
- VST and AU support; automatic plug-in delay compensation
- Audio to MIDI slicing and REX support
- Video warping, video export and import for scoring
- Instant mapping for selected hardware
- ReWire support; runs as Master or Slave
- Multiprocessor and Multicore support
Hitsquad's USB Audio Interface Roundup
Changes in 8.4.1:
- User satisfaction survey. After several hours of usage, Live will ask you to rate the software.
- Support for Novation Launchkey series.
- Support for M-Audio Axiom Air Mini 32.
- Bugfix for exporting video at 48 kHz
Updates in 8.3.4:
- Now shows word size in splash screen
- Email address of user now shown on About window
- Improved the authorization dialogue when launching Live as a Trial version.
- Various bugfixes
- (8.3.3)Minor changes for usage data reporting.
Updates in 8.3.2:
- Rewire engine bugfix
- (8.3.1)Improved performance when recording many MIDI CC data into MIDI clips.
- (8.3.1)Default takeover mode is chaged to none
- (8.3.1)Minor changes in usage data reporting
- (8.3.1)Various bugfixes
Updates in 8.2.5:
- Tracks are now routed properly when imported.
- The Takeover default mode in MIDI Preferences is now set to Value Scaling and not Pick-up.
- MIDI sync was improved when Live is used as a MIDI clock slave.
- To prevent Live from crashing, users are prevented from choosing the Windows root folder for their plugins location.
- Other bugfixes are available at Ableton Suites latest release information.
Updated in 8.2.1:
- Improvements to Amp presets including better folder organization, additional guitar and bass amp presets and various other changes.
- Improvements to sound quality in Drum Machines.
- Performance optimizations on many Rack presets.
- Many delay devices now use the “Fade” Delay Transition mode, to avoid clicks.
- All Latin Percussion sounds are additionally available as chromatically tuned Simpler presets.
- Amp is now available in the trial version of Ableton Suite.
- Removed duplicate Amp presets.
- Fixed Hot-Swap behavior for a number of Session Drums and Drum Machines presets.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the use of soundcards with only one input on OS X.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using a ReWire slave such as Reason and manipulating devices in the slave that were referred to by clips in Live.