Altiverb 6 is a convolution reverb plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows XP. It uses top quality samples of real spaces to create reverb, ranging from Sydney Opera House to the cockpit of a Jumbo Jet. Altiverb 6 offers the most extensive set of parameters, it supports all professional plug-in formats including protools TDM on the Mac, parameter automation and surround. Altiverb 6 gives you a choice between iLok SmartKey or Challenge/response copy protection, it lets you sample your own spaces (currently Mac only), and Altiverb is efficient on your cpu.
Important note for VST users using automation in VST sessions, as well as all Pyramix users: Due to necessary improvements in the handling of VST automation data Audio Ease have been unable to maintain automation in sessions made with Altiverb VST version 6.1.2 or before. Typically: gain knobs left at 0 dB in 6.1.2 or lower appear as +13.2 dB in Altiverb VST 6.2.0. This only goes for automation data. Regular saved settings appear fine. Pyramix users will see this in the loading of regular settings from sessions as well.
New in v7.0.5
- Several bugfixes and stability improvements
- Various host compatibility improvements
- Option to turn off the Auto IR folder scan when switching applications.
- Option to save a list with IR paths and hashes.
- News and new IR releases notifications in Altiverb window.
- Order of meters has been changed to L-C-R-Ls-Rs-Lfe in surround
- Removed the deprecated parameter 'snapshots' from automation lists and added a warning in the snapshots screen
New in v7.0.4
- download new IRs directly from Altiverb.
New in v7.0.2
- Fixed backward compatibility Snapshots/Automation Preset Index
- Browser User IRs only showing correct channel configs
- Preferred IRs are remembered better
- Fixed crashing installer when no internet available
- Improved Reaper and Wave Editor compatibility
New in v7.0
- New Look and Feel
- Interactive EQ curve
- Chaos modulation
- Drag and Drop
- Total Recall Automation
- TDM simplified
- Keyword Searching
- Look and Feel
- Picture Browser
New in v6.3.5
- Fixed a crash in OpenGL.
- Dry/wet mix settings are restored correctly (after a bug introduced in 6.3.3).